Chapter 3

Jesy
The following morning, I still felt like absolute crap. My head throbbed like never before and the nausea made it almost impossible for me to take a step forward without almost falling over. With the girls noticing how bad I was, I felt even more terrible. I was the oldest of us, I was supposed to be the strong one, who'd be there for them and take care of them like my own children. Now I couldn't, and it didn't feel good at all.

Leigh-Anne, Jade and Perrie were currently doing soundcheck. I sat in the audience, eating waffles with cream. Every now and then I blew Perrie a kiss. I thought it was a cute thing to do, and she seemed to appreciate it.

"Photograph with no t-shirt on
Why you making me wait to long?
I promise to keep this a secret, I'll never tell
But don't you keep it all to yourself."

Perrie maintained eye-contact while she sang my part. She didn't look away once. Me being me, I sprayed some cream on my waffles. Looking intensively at my girlfriend, I licked the cream off the waffle as seductively as possible.

The blonde beauty cracked up. Earning a glare from the two other women, Perrie broke the eye-contact and returned to focusing 100% on what she was doing. I, pleased with myself, buried my teeth in the crispy waffle. A moan slipped from my lips as I chewed. It tasted absolutely amazing. Perrie would have to taste one after soundcheck. She'd love them.

After my three best friends for life finished Touch, they moved on to Shout Out To My Ex, one of our favourite songs to perform since it was such a break-up anthem that almost everyone could relate to in one way or another.

"This is a shout out to my ex
Heard he in love with some other chick
Yeah yeah, that hurt me, I'll admit
Forget that boy, I'm over it
I hope she gettin' better sex
Hope she ain't faking it like I did, babe
Took four long years to call it quits
Forget that boy, I'm over it..."

The sweet side of Perrie disappeared everytime we performed this song. This song brought back memories we wished to get rid of. All of us have had bad experiences, all of us had an ex. Some exes were worse than the others. Perrie's ex was the absolute worst. At times, it felt like Jade, Leigh-Anne and I hated him more than Perrie did. Hell, even our Mixers felt it. Good thing, what's-his-face and Perrie were over and done, so I could treat her and love her the way she deserved.

As I watched my girls give their all, I felt this indescribable pride a mother felt of her children when they achieved something. They were doing amazing, delivered confidence, sass, looks and vocals out of this world. I knew for sure that they'd kill it tonight.

The smile on my face grew wider for each passing second. My girls did so well, oh so well. Watching them was entertaining, for sure. In case I wouldn't be able to perform with them tonight, I wouldn't mind sitting in the audience and watch the show.

"You'll never bring me down."

I applauded proudly at the end of the song. The girls blew me a kiss, then they went backstage. Finishing my breakfast, I stood up from the chair and jogged after them. The three talented women were on their way to the dressing room when I caught up with them.

Leigh-Anne seeing me first, opened up her arms and engulfed me in a hug. Proud of my fellow bandmate, I wrapped my arms around her.

"You did so well. I'm proud of you" I said lovingly.

"It was just soundcheck, Jess" Leigh-Anne chuckled.

"Still killed it."

Letting go of the dark-skinned woman, I moved on to Jade, the cutest human being to ever walk on this Earth. I pulled her into a bone-crushing hug, told her how good she was, then I wrapped my girl up in my arms. Nuzzling my face into the crook of her neck, I inhaled her scent.