Chapter One: Story Time

♢♡Ryan♡♢

Safe to say I'm terrified.

Okay, well, so. I'll start this from the beginning. I'm the prince of one of the biggest kingdoms on all of planet earth. But, my dad was a complete idiot and said that his husband is more beautiful then anything any god. So um, the gods didn't really like that. They didn't feel like fighting a war, though, and sent the demons to do it.

The demons, being demons, gladly took stride and attacked our kingdom. Our men fought valiantly but.. a man can only do so much against a monster, let alone an army of them. So, we lost. The gods had proved their point. My father had apologized. Their rift was solved, and everything was okay for a few weeks.

But then the demons, or more so their king, wanted something in pay for fighting us. The gods, being dumb gods, had no intresting paying it themselves. They made our kingdom pay it, but demons have no use for money or weapons or food. So, the payment was furfilled with my hand in marriage.

Disgusting, right?

But here I am, about to be shipped off to hell, with my pa showing me the ropes. He's listing off rules, things I can and can't do, making sure they're burned into my brain until it hurts. I'm listening, of course, but the entire time I'm terrified out of my mind and waiting to be swept off to hell to marry the fucking king of demons.

"Ohm! Are you even listening?!" He snaps, frowning. My pa is Queen Delirious, but don't ask. Just don't. I asked once and I regret it. "I.. I'm sorry" I sigh, shaking my head and looking at the floor. Pa cups my face and smiles at me with a sigh. "I know honey, I know you're scared. But if you stay in line I'm sure you'll be fine. You're a strong boy"

I nod and bite the inside of my cheek, letting out a shaky breath. "Just- keep going, I'll listen this time" I gulp, rubbing my nose on the back of my wrist. Pa sighs and steps back, smoothing his dress. "One last thing, alright? This is the king of demons, the most ruthless monsters in the world. Respect him. Do not anger him, do not toy with him, to not sass him."

I nod, but pa continues. "I am serious, Ryan. He is known for his temper and his punishments. I don't want to hear about my little boy being picked apart by vultures forever. This man, this thing you're marrying is known for being remorseless. You need to stay on his good side and if you make one tiny, tiny mistake, you must beg for forgiveness."

I gulp and nod again, feeling my hands shake. "I-It's just a lot to take in" I say quietly, looking at the floor. "I know, I know. I love you, you know this" Pa says, grabbing my shoulders and kissing my forehead. "M-My Queen?" Squeaks a servant, and I know my time is up. "They're here for the prince"

I dive into pa'a arms, squeezing him tight as he hugs back. "You'll be alright, I promise. Just stay strong, don't let that bastard see you cry" Pa whispers, letting go of me and wiping his eyes. I turn around and see two tall men with black armor and weapons standing where the servant once was.

They look.. human. "Prince Ryan" One says without moving. I gulp and let my hand slip from my pa's, walking up to the demons. "Present" I say, taking a deep breath. "If you'd come with us" They say, each grabbing either of my arms. As if I have a choice. I walk with them as we turn to leave and look over my shoulder, seeing my pa holding his hand over his mouth and trying not to cry.