Chapter Twenty-Four: Bunny

♢♡Ryan♡♢

I throw myself over Luke's chest and cry against his shoulder, clinging to him. "Babe- babe, ow" Luke laughs, patting my shoulder blade. I pull back and apologize, kissing the cut on his forehead. "I'm sorry I just- I got so scared" I whimper, smiling at Luke when he cups my face. "I know, I know. But he's gone now, okay?"

I nod and drop my head to Luke's shoulder, sniffling. "Is the baby okay?" Luke asks, moving his hand to my back. I giggle and grab his wrist, putting it on my stomach just as the baby kicks. "They'll be a fighter" Luke grins, kissing right next to my ear. He looks over at Mini and Tyler before smiling, looking back at me.

"Are you cut anywhere?" Luke asks, lifting my chin. "No, no. Sydney checked everyone over and said no one is corrupted" I assure him, scooting my chair closer to the bed. "I got someone to fix up the room, so we can sleep there tonight. I- I won't wanna let you out of my sight" I smile, another tear sliding down my cheek.

Luke frowns and wipes it away. "It's okay, momma Ryan. I'm okay" He jokes, sitting up and gritting his teeth. "Are you okay?" I squeak, kissing his cheek. Luke laughs and nods, pulling me onto the bed. "Listen- I was gonna give it to you when you gave birth but.." Luke chuckles and reaches underneath the cot.

My eyes widen when he lifts up Bunny, the stuffed toy I slept with when I was little. "I was talking to your parents a month ago and they gave me this" Luke explains. My jaw drops and I start tearing up again, hugging Luke tightly as he laughs. "God, you're like a fountain" He teases, kissing my forehead.

"Aaalright, bedtime Mr. River" Luke chuckles, struggling out of bed. "Luke! You- you shouldn't be standing" I say, trying to squirm out of his arms. "I'm fine, automatic healing after I gain full consciousness" Luke smiles me, carrying me and Bunny upstairs. We go into our room and it's spotless, exactly like it was before.

It's comforting.

Luke lays down on the bed with me, keeping me onto of him. "Now go to sleep, you need it" Luke purrs, rolling over so I can be more comfortable. I smile and Luke literally starts purring, leaving kisses all over the place. "What are you doing?" I giggle as he slides my shirt over my head. "Making you comfy" Luke hums, kissing my chest.

I giggle again and Luke pushes me onto my back, pulling down my pants and kissing my stomach. I had changed after the whole incident so I wasn't just stumbling around in a towel. "You're a dork" I accuse, but Luke just shrugs and kisses back up my torso before he nibbles on my mating mark.

I bite my lip and moan quietly, wrapping my arms around Luke's neck. "I love you, dork" I smirk, and Luke just laughs before he kisses me. "I love you too, Momma Ryan. Now it really is bedtime, you and the baby need rest" Luke sighs, laying down and pulling me against him. "Sleep well, Luke" I giggle, clutching Bunny to my chest and kissing Luke's collarbone. Luke smiles and rubs my back. "You too"