Chapter Thirteen: Story Time

♢♡Ryan♡♢

I stand up and follow Sydney, feeling a growl rise in my throat. "Tell me! I- I'm your king!" I hate using that line, but oh well. Sydney turns around and glares at me, pressing her lips together before sighing through her nose. "Luke was my king first. I am under his express orders. I'm sure he's waiting for you outside the doors"

I frown and huff, turning around and leaving the infirmary. Luke grabs my wrist, yanking me against his chest as I try to pass him. "Ryan!" Luke gasps, wrapping his arms around my waist after flipping me. "You can't scare me with some demon he-be-gee-be and then not tell me what it is" I pout, crossing my arms.

Luke sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose again, shaking his head. "Screw you for being so nosy" He grumbles, grabbing my hand and dragging me in the direction of the library. I whine but let him drag me, why can't he just tell me?! Luke pushes me onto one of the couches without a word and holds open his hand.

A book comes flying off of a shelf and it echos when it lands in his hand, but Luke just flips it open and turns to a page. "Read" He says, thrusting the book into my hands. I flip it over so the text isn't upside down and huff another time. "Out loud" Luke adds, pointing to a paragraph.

"Corruption. Corruption in a demon occurs if a demon hurts. Whether it is mentally or physically, once a demon or half demon hurts, they can become corrupt. Their teeth with grow, their horns will split, and their skin will turn green when they're aggravated or upset. These demons are the most dangerous, irrational and next to incurable. If a demon is found corrupted, they must be killed within the first twenty four hours" I read, swallowing hard.

Wasn't Bryce's skin turning green earlier?

"If you became corrupted, in your fearful state, you'd attack anyone and anything. But even if you're corrupt, you're small and weak. You'd die very quickly" Luke says, and I jump when the book flies off my lap. "Now let's go to bed. I've made time speed up, I want you to get rest. It's currently ten pm" Luke says normally, like he hadn't just given me or Bryce a death sentence.

Luke brings me upstairs as a million thoughts run through my head, both of us arriving in our room. Luke strips down without a second thought, getting under the covers without speaking to me. I frown and undress too, climbing into bed. Luke sighs and pulls me closer, moving the bandage away from my forehead so he can play with my hair.

"I'm sorry I kept that from you, and then had to show it to you. Corrupt demons are misreble, horrible things. I didn't want you to know about them, about what they can do. I'm glad you only read on paragraph" Luke mumbles, kissing me lightly. I blush and suddenly feel guilty, moving closer to Luke.

"I'm sorry too" I mumble, kissing Luke's collarbone. Luke shrugs and closes his eyes, holding me tight against him. "It's okay, you had a right to know. Let's just sleep now, please?" Luke pleads while I smile when I feel his hands go up and down my back the way they always do. "Goodnight, Luke" I hum, closing my eyes and shifting around until I'm comfortable. "Goodnight Ryan" Luke sighs, kissing my forehead before going still.