Chapter Thirty: A Sweet Surrender

♢♡Time Skip♡♢

♢♡Ryan♡♢

"Luke! Luke you're missing it!" I gasp, opening my arms as Darwin tries to waddle over to me. Luke comes barging through the door and Darwin takes his firsts steps, promptly falling into my arms with a giggle. I gasp and lift him up like a rocket, standing and pulling Darwin against my chest.

"Oh! Look at you!" I giggle, kissing Darwin's cheek. Darwin waves his fists and giggles as Luke laughs, pulling the both of us closer. "You're gonna be up and runnin' so fast, lil' guy!" Luke grins, kissing me on the lips before ruffling Darwin's black hair with his pinky.

Darwin squeals happily and wiggles around, so I put him on the floor. He crawls over to Luke and hugs his ankle, which makes us both laugh. "You're daddies little boy, aren't you?" I tease as Luke picks him up. "He likes me because I play with him" Luke winks at me before spinning Darwin around. "Luke! That's dangerous!" I squeal.

♢♡Time Skip♡♢

"Darwin! Get back here!" I growl, chasing after him. I hear Luke laughing in a background, he needs to stop encouraging him. "Darwin!" I catch his jacket and pull him back. "Daaad! I just wanna have some fun with Jack!" Darwin complains, looking back at me. "You're grounded." I growl.

"Why?!" Darwin whines, looking at Luke for some help. "Because you set Ceberus on fire!" I shout, slapping my hand over my eyes. "Gods, child. Go back to your room, Adam will bring you dinner" I huff, dropping my hand and glaring at Darwin. "Ryan, babe, let the kid have some fun" Luke chuckles, patting my back.

"I will not! He needs to learn to stop setting things on fire!" I snap, crossing my arms. "Please?" Darwin pleads. Luke grins evilly and Darwin's eyes widen. "Let the kid go snog his boyfriend" He smirks, and Darwin's jaw falls before he turns red. "Dad!!" He screams, covering his face. "He's thirteen, Ry. Let him live" Luke teases, kissing my cheek.

"Fine, fine. Only because you've been throughly embarrassed. I will be telling Tyler and Mini that you are dating their son" I huff before breaking into a smile. "Have fun!" I cheer, kissing his forehead and walking downstairs. I hear Darwin complain and Luke laugh, I love being a dad.

♢♡Time Skip♡♢

Darwin kneels on the floor in front of Luke and I, his head bowed. Jack watches from the side lines nervously with his parents, no one knows why everyone was called here today but Luke and I. Luke really doesn't know how to sit in a throne, he's just relaxing like he's about to do something fun.

"Darwin!" He suddenly claps, which makes everyone jump. Luke sits up and grins. "Y'know, I can live forever. Thing is, I can't be king forever. It'd get boring. You've reached your prime, and I've decided to surrender my throne and let you become king" Luke smiles. Darwin looks up in disbelief and I wink at him as he starts to smile.

"Now, your father can tell you" I giggle, looking over at Luke before looking back at Jack. "Every king needs a queen." I smile at Darwin as he starts to grin. "If you let it be, hell is an open door"

--------------------------------------------

The end.