Chapter Twelve: The Secrets Of Corruption

♢♡Ryan♡♢

I melt into the kiss and smile, pulling Luke closer. He stumbles and we fall, laughing. Luke pushes himself up and smiles down at me before his eyes widen. "You're bleeding!" He gasps, pressing his hand against the back of my head. "Huh? I don't feel anything" I say, but Luke pulls his hand away and there's a lot of blood.

"That's because it's a head wound, I'm taking you back inside" Luke sighs, lifting me up. "Luke- I'm fine" I complain, I hate being babied. Luke walks us back to the garden. "The mark didn't make you entirely immortal.. you can still bleed and become corrupted. I can't- I won't let that happen" Luke grunts as we enter my garden.

"Corrupted?" I squeak, looking up as the doors groan their way open. "I'd rather you didn't ask" Luke sighs, bringing me back into the castle. "Luke! Ryan! Oh my gods!" Mini gasps, running over. "What happened?!" Mini asks, babying over me as Luke rolls his eyes and Tyler joins him.

"I'm taking him to the infirmary, don't worry" Luke insists, pushing them away. I'm brought to the infirmary and laid on a bed, spotting Bryce across the room talking to what seems to be a wounded demon. Bryce spots us and gasps, running over as Luke fetches a nurse.

"What happened?! Oh my gods. Should I get a bone saw for his horns?" Bryce asks in all seriousness. "What? No! Listen- gods, I'm fine!" I complain, groaning as a nurse shows up. "Luke! What did you do to the kid?!" Bryce snaps, slapping the back of Luke's head. "Hey! It's not my fault he's mortal!" Luke complains.

"Both of you be quiet!" The nurse huffs, smiling at me kindly. "I'm Sydney, just let me check out your head" She says softly, helping me sit up and pushing my hair out of the way. "Any headaches? Do your gums or fingers hurt? Is your skin moving?" She asks, let these are regular fucking questions to ask when someone's hit their head.

"Wh-What?! Of course not! What the hell is going on!?" I growl, wincing when she presses a cloth soaked in medication into the cut. "Well, it only seems like a small nick. Since there are no signs of corruption, I'll just bandage this so there's no more risk" Sydney explains, grabbing some guaze.

"Thank gods" Luke sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. "This happened in the cavern, didn't it?! I told you not to take him there!" Bryce growls and he's starting to look green. "It's fine! He's fine! Be quiet, Bryce!" Luke snaps, snarling as his skin begins to turn blood red, but he certainly isn't blushing. My eyes widen and Sydney hisses.

"Both of you." She growls. Both of the demons frown and back up before they leave the room. "I apologize for them, Ryan. They both wants what's best for you but they have different ways of achieving that" Sydney sighs, wrapping the bandage around my head carefully.

"Well uh, thank you for helping" I smile a little, staying still as she clips the bandage in place. "All I can do for my king. Is there anything else you'd like?" She asks, smiling at me. "Tell me what corruption is" I say, I'd like to know that very much. Sydney frowns and starts cleaning up. "I cannot tell you that" She says as she walks away.

What the fuck is going on around here?!

Hell Is An Open Door - Ohmtoonzजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें