Chapter Four: Sleep State

♢♡Ryan♡♢

"He's not as bad as you think, y'know" I jump out of my skin and turn around, blinking dumbly. A girl is standing there. I've never seen her before. Where am I? "Luke, I mean. He has a soft side. He doesn't like showing it but you have a kind heart, you can find it" She says softly, folding her hands in front of her.

"Yeah, right. The fucking king of demons has a soft side. If I tried to move right about now I'd be in a world of pain and I'd probably faint. No way in hell he has a soft side" I scoff, folding my arms across my chest. "You have to try" The girl pleads, taking a small step closer. "You won't regret it"

I frown and look at my shoes, taking a deep breath. "I'm still just a kid" I admit, rubbing my arm. "I.. I just had that ripped away from me. I murmur, biting down on the corner of my lip. "I know, I know. But if you let him, Luke will make you happy. That mark on your neck makes you immortal. You have an eternity to find out who he is" The girl insists.

I touch my hand to my neck and frown, feeling the bite mark and flinching when it causes just a slight amount of pain. "He's a good man, if you make him out to be. I understand he's a brute, and unfair, and I understand that he hurt you but that's just one side of him. Well, two, actually" The girl hums, smiling a tiny bit.

"I.." I wrap my arms around myself and swallow hard. "I'm really scared" I murmur, looking down and away. "Please, I know. But listen to me when I promise Luke will give you the world and more if you treat him like a human. I promise. You'll make many friends here, no matter how unlikely they seem" She sighs, tucking her hair behind her ear.

I gulp and nod, looking up and taking a deep breath. "Okay. I can do this." I say firmly, adjusting my jacket. "By the way, who the hell are you?" I ask, looking around. No floor, no walls, no ceiling. "A friend, in the most unlikely place" She smirks before she dissapates and so does the world around me.