Chapter Twenty-Seven: What I'd Miss

♢♡Ryan♡♢

"Gods damnit"

I groan and look up, why am I on the floor? I look around and see nothing but white walls, white flooring, the white ceiling. Oh god, I'm back here. The girl is there again, frowning. Her hand is on her hip and she looks very unimpressed, so I just lay back down. I'm dressed and my baby bump is gone. Oh god.. the baby. Is the baby okay?

"Ryan, look at me" I look over at the girl with wide eyes and swallow hard. She kneels in front of me and takes my hand, drawing out a sigh. "You're not gonna get out of here by panicking, trust me" She murmurs, pulling me onto my knees. "How do you feel?"

I grab my head and frown, looking at my stomach again. "M-My head hurts.. and my stomach feels empty.. is my baby okay? Did they make it?" I whimper, wrapping my arms around myself. "I don't know, I can't leave this place, and you can't either until you calm down" The girl sighs, before standing up again.

She offers a hand and I take it, letting her pull me up to my feet. "I can't calm down! What if the baby died! Have I died?!" I scream, looking around. I run up to one of the walls and hammer my fists against it, trying to break and kick it down. "You're not going to achive anything. You're just gonna make it worse" She sighs from behind me.

I slump and slowly turn around, rubbing my face. "I-I'm scared" I admit, sniffling. "It's okay, Ryan. Lemme tell you, I get more visitors then you think. You'll be alright" She promises, smiling at me. "When you wake up I promise you it'll all be okay. But right here, right now, you need to relax and stop over thinking. If you don't wake up, if you get stuck like I am, there's no going back"

I take a deep breath and hide my face in my hands, trying to calm myself down. "Alright, sit down and take deep breaths. You need to just think. Luke needs you. Your baby needs you." The girl sighs, smiling at me again. I bite my tongue and sit on the floor, looking at my hands.

I mean, if I was stuck here, I'd miss everyone. I'd miss running around with Mini. I'd miss pranking Tyler until he got so mad he'd be red. I'd miss the looks Sydney would give me every time I ended up on the infirmary.

I'd miss laying in Luke's arms. I'd miss his big hands traveling up my back when I'm scared or sad. I'd miss his laugh and that little amused chuckle he does when he's teasing me. I'd miss his smile. I'd miss waking up next to him or waking up alone and knowing for sure he'd be back soon. I'd miss being hiss and I'd miss switching between and laughing and crying because that's just how perfect he is.

I'd miss Luke kissing my stomach and rambling on about our kid. I'd miss him snickering at me when I whined about my pregnancy symptoms. I'd miss seeing Luke holding our kid. I'd miss seeing their face and watching them grow. I'd miss so much if I was stuck here, even for another hour.

I'd miss the life I thought I never wanted.