Chapter Fifteen: When Hell Screams

♢♡Ryan♡♢

I hear the door open and move further under the covers, curling up so tight my spine complains. I sniffle and start shaking again, breathing quick and deep. Someone pulls the blanket off of me and I scream, lashing out a fist.

Someone catches my wrist and I look up, seeing Luke looking down at me with wide eyes. "Ryan?" He asks, slowly putting down my arm. He sits on the bed and he tries to pull me closer, but I move away. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" I repeat, curling up and covering my chest. "Ryan, what happened?" Luke asks, putting his hand on my back.

I whimper, trying to squirm away from him. Luke pulls me into his lap and I whine, but I grab his shirt with one hand and cry against his chest. Luke rubs my back and shushes me, squeezing me tightly. He stands up and carries me towards the bathroom, laying me in the bath and it begins to fill with warm water.

He undresses too and climbs into the bath, settling behind me and pulling me against his chest. "Tell me what happened Ryan, it's okay" He says, kissing my jaw. I cringe and sniff, wiping my nose and getting soap up it. "B-Bryce- he's- Bryce was- Bryce attacked- He tried- He, he hurt" I stutter uncontrollably, unable to get a sentence out.

Luke growls the tiniest bit and grabs my chin, kissing me softly. I hesitate but I kiss back, rolling over and leaning against his chest. Luke rubs my back and sighs, holding me tight against his chest. "It's okay, it's okay" He whispers in my ear as I start shaking again. He kisses my shoulder and I sniffle.

"Don't cry Ryan.. it hurts me when you cry.." Luke mutters. For a moment I worry about him being corrupt but I'm too caught up in my own fear to ask if he's okay too. I don't know how long we stay like that, sitting in the bath with me leaning against Luke's chest.

My eyelids flutter but I don't want to sleep, I just want to sit here with Luke and feel safe. Heh, I feel safe in the arms of the king in demons. I never thought I'd be saying that. "You're okay Ryan, I have you" Luke murmurs, tugging on my ear a little. I nod and hug Luke tighter, trying to push myself closer.

Luke tightens his grip on me, holding me tight and refusing to let go until I fall asleep.

I wake up in our bed in one of Luke's sweaters. The zipper is cold against my chest but the sweater itself is very warm. I sit up and rub my eye, spotting Tyler leaning on the far wall. "Glad to see you're awake" He smiles lazily, standing up straight. I pull the blanket further over myself and Tyler puts up his hands.

"I'm here on Luke's orders while he deals with an issue. I won't touch." Tyler explains, smiling at me a little. I breathe a sigh of relief before stiffening when I hear loud screams that very much resemble Bryce's voice. Tyler sighs and rubs his forehead, looking at me from the corner of his eye. "That's the issue"