Ch. 3

Tris p.o.v:

"Welcome home Tris."  Tobias says and kissing my temple.  Welcome home.  Home.  Finally.  I look up at Tobias and smile.

"Welcome home Tobias."  I put my head on Tobias' shoulder and leave it there until it's time for us to jump.  Within a couple minutes we have to jump so I get ready.  I get a running start and I jump off the train to the building.  When I landed I rolled scraping the skin on my knees a little.  Tobias comes next to me to see if I'm okay. 

"I'm fine."

We all walk to the edge of the building and I look over at Tobias to see he's afraid.  I grab his hand and lean in close to whisper, "Do you want to jump in together?"

He looks at me then at the edge of the building before looking at me again.  He leans in and says, "Lets go last.  Oh and by the way you don't have to do this for me.  I can do it. Although, it would be better with you with me.  But Tris I don't want to be a like a baby.  I can handle this."

"So I'm guessing you don't want to go together." I said trying to inquire what he's saying.

"I don't know if it's safe or not is what I'm trying to get at. Remember I did went up the Ferris wheel with you didn't I?  So this is nothing besides the safety concern."

"Ok if you say so."

"I love it when you look out for me.  It means you care for me."

"That's because I do."  I peck his cheek then I go to peck his lips.  

"Ok love birds!"  Christiana shouts from down below and I roll my eyes.

"Well see you soon."  I go to the edge and jump off.  I landed on a net and Christiana pulled me out.  The only person left is Tobias.  He told me once that in initiation it was hard for him to jump cause of his fear of heights.  I have faith in him.

A minute later and I hear a thump on the net.  I pull the net and smile at him with his face real close to mine.  "It took you long enough."

"What are you talking about?  It was like a minute."

"Whatever."  Tobias gets out of the net and we head to the  pit.  When we were walking in the pit I noticed someone walking someone else in  a wheelchair.

"Tobias look."  He looks over  and sees what I'm pointing at.

"Could that be who I think it is?"

"Who Tobias?"

"Marlene was in a wheelchair when we left."

"Yeah?"  Tobias looked in their direction and started speed walking towards them.  "Tobias!"

Tobias reaches them and he taps the guy on the shoulder.  He turns around and smiles at Tobias. 

"Tobias!  Nice to see you.  Didn't think you would be coming back."

"Nice to see you too Zeke."  They bro hugged and pat each other on the back.  When they pulled away they were both smiled like idiots.  "I thought it was you."

"Well you were you right."  Tobias turns around and beckons me to come over.  I walk over to the two and Tobias grabs my hand.  I hear footsteps so I know Christiana and Caleb are following. 

"So you guys want to catch up some time?"

"Yeah.  Just not today Zeke.  We just got back and we need to find an apartment."