Ch. 4

Tris p.o.v:
I really need to talk to Caleb soon.  Looking for apartments took longer than expected so right now Tobias and I are on our way to dinner.  When we reach the cafeteria, Tobias and I grab our food and sit down.  Zeke and Marlene are there so we sit next to them. 

"Hey Tobias."

"Hey Zeke."  There are off talking about whatever guys talk about.  Marlene smiles at me and I smile back.

"Well you're doing well."

"Yeah.  Thanks to Zeke.  He's done a lot for me."

"Well he loves you."

"Yeah he does in his own weird way."  She said looking at him while smiling.  Not long after Marlene said that Christiana and Caleb arrived.  When Caleb looked at me the tension between us began and you could feel it in the air surrounding the table.

"Hey everyone."  Christiana chirped being her bright self.

"Hi Christiana.  Been awhile."  Marlene says to her.

"Yeah it has."  Christiana and Marlene starts talking so I'm left with Caleb.

Great.  This should be interesting.  I should talk to him so I can see if we can meet sometime to talk about this.  While I was finishing chewing my burger, I took a deep breath. 

"Caleb can I speak to you?" 

He looks up from his food and looks at me.  "Yeah."

"Um...before you go to Erudite do you think you could meet with me to talk?"

"About what?"

"I know you what to know how I'm alive.  So can we meet before you leave because you deserve to know?"

"Sure.  Can we do it tonight?"

"Tonight?  When are leaving tomorrow?"

"Like right after breakfast."

"Oh."

"So tonight."

"Yeah.  Come around 7:30.  My apartment number is 46."

"Ok."  We go back to our eating then I feel someone pull my hand under the table.  I look over and it's Tobias.  He's looking at me so I lean over to see what he wants. 

"So did you do it?"

"Yes.  He's come over tonight at 7:30."

"Ok."  Once dinner was done Tobias and I head back to our apartment.  I sit on the floor and sigh.  "Zeke is coming over and bringing us some furniture to borrow."

"Shouldn't you help him."

"It's just a chair that he's willing to lend.   I told him that apartment searching took a long time that we didn't get to go out to look for furniture."

"Ok.  Well that was nice of him."  Tobias smiles before joining me on the floor.  It wasn't long before we heard a knock on the door and know it's Zeke.  Zeke walked in with a small chair.