Ch.5

Tris p.o.v:

Once Caleb leaves I stay there for a minute before I go to the bedroom.  When I open the door I see Tobias is  doing something on his phone.  He looks up when I enter the room and sets down his phone.  I walk towards the bed and sit down beside him. 

"So how did it go?"

"It went well. I explained everything to him and it took him a while to understand everything that happened."

"Well a lot has happened to you in the span of a few months."

"I know.  But I still dealt with it."

"Yes you did."  Tobias kisses my cheek and I smile at him.  I yawn from the long day I had and my eyes start to droop.  Tobias wraps his arms around me and I snuggle into his warmth.  "Let's get some shut eye.  Tomorrow's another busy day." 

Yep.  Busy day.  I shut my eyes and I immediately fell asleep dreaming about a better future.

~~~~~

The next morning I woke up, Tobias is asleep and I smiled thinking about how I get to wake up every morning in this apartment, that is now ours, next to this amazing person. I stare at his peaceful face whenever he sleeps and I smile. I run my fingers through his hair trying not to disturb him. He moves in his sleep and I stop my movements so I don't wake him up.  Once his stirring stop, I continue with what I was doing and I let my fingers run  down to his chin.  I love watching him sleep because he's so peaceful and all the worries in the world just seem to fade away.  I didn't realize that I was staring that long and then Tobias' eyes started to open.  I quickly remove my hand from his face because he was awake.

He smiles up at me with a sleepy  look since he just woke up.  "You know it's rude to stare especially when someone is sleeping."

I blush at the thought of being caught staring at Tobias sleeping even though it has happened before.  "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Sure you don't Tris."  Tobias laughs at me and I can feel the vibrations because my hand is on his chest.  "So what's the plan for today Tris?"

"Last night I asked Caleb if we could spend time together before he makes his way to Eurdite.  So today me and Caleb are going to spend time together after breakfast.  It's going to be like sibling bonding time. You know catching up because we haven't talked in a while considering he was working with Jeanine. Then we went to the bureau and then our plan didn't work.  And I somehow was considered dead so it's been a while since we've talked."

"Tris, I understand completely go and spend time with your brother."

"Sorry, I kinda ranted."

"It's fine.  Now let's have breakfast."

"Sounds awesome."   We got ready and then we headed down to the cafeteria where we saw Zeke, Christiana, Marlene, and Caleb.   We sat down at the table with the rest of the group and started eating our breakfast. 

"So what are you guys doing today?"   Zeke says to us looking at each one of us. 

"I am going shopping with Marlene."  Christiana says which makes me glad that I'm spending time with Caleb.  "Hey Tris, you could join us."