<Chapter 1>

The streets were cold and dark at night, but it was not nearly as bad as the certain place you had just came from. Nothing could possibly be worse. You continued to walk the empty streets shivering in the crisp fall air as you thought about these awful memories that wouldn't seem to stop flashing across your mind. You squeezed your eyes shut as you tried to keep those memories out, and You even still had scratches all over your face from what happened back there.

"Leave"

"You have nothing left"

"You can't be saved"

"I'm all you got"

These words kept running through your mind. Those were the last words you heard before you left out of fear. Then you screamed and ran out the door. 'No stop, not now', you thought. You couldn't handle these thoughts right now. It was a living nightmare for you.

You squeezed your eyes shut again, starting to walk a little faster. Your breathing quickened to short, sharp breaths. You continued to shiver in the cold.

"I have to get out of here." You mumbled.

You just kept on walking until all you could hear were those haunting words and your fast beating heart.

Your fast walking turned into jogging as a few tears fell from your eyes. You were starting to panic. The world was swirling around you, the sounds of the normal city streets became static. Before you knew it you ran into something and fell back hitting your head on the concrete.

"Woah! I'm so sorry, are you alright?" You couldn't quite make out what they said. All you heard was mumbling. You just lied on the ground breathing quickly.

You felt a cold hand on your shoulder and jumped. You jolted up and started looking around frantically. You couldn't see anything besides blurred colors from the tears in your eyes.

You were terrified. You felt two hands on your shoulders and quiet mumbling,

"It's ok! It's alright! I'm not going to hurt you. Calm down." You breathing slowed down when you heard these words. You blinked a few times to see a concerned face staring at you with worried eyes.

"Hey, hey look at me." You looked up at the stranger with a few tears still in your eyes.

"Now what's your name?" He gave you a sympathetic smile as you replied.

"Y-Y/N..." You stuttered. He started to stand up and reached his hand out to help you up as well. You grabbed it and got pulled to your feet.

"Well, Y/N, why don't we go get you some (fav hot drink). I'm Mark by the way." He started walking you towards a little café across the street.

(Fav hot drink) sounded great right now. You were freezing and needed some warmth. Walking inside the coffee shop you realized you were holding on to this guys arm like your life depended on it.

He didn't seem to mind. He could tell you've been through a lot in the pass few days. All he wanted to do was comfort you.

He sat you down at a table and you made him promise that he would come back. You don't know why you were relying on some stranger for comfort, but something about him just seemed different from everyone else. It was actually like he cared instead of faking it.

He came back and set a cup of (fav hot drink) in front of you. You were still trying to calm down from your little panic attack so you didn't even see him sit down across from you.

"Y/n?" You gasped and snapped out of your thoughts. You looked up at Mark who looked mildly confused.

"Are you ok?" He asked. You sighed and looked down grabbing your cup of (fav hot drink)and taking a sip of the hot liquid. You squeezed your eyes shut as you put the cup back down on the table.

"Where were you headed in such a rush?" He asked and took a sip of his own drink.

"I-i honestly d-don't k-know." You replied trying to fight back the tears daring to spill out.

"Ok, well where were you coming from?" You couldn't take it. You started to burst out into tears. You placed your head in your hands as you continued to sob.

"No no no! It's ok! It's ok!" Mark ran over to your side of the table and pulled you close to him.

You didn't care if he was a stranger. You needed comfort. You let him wrap his arms around you.

"Shh, it's alright, calm down, shh." He whispered. You calmed down a little and closed your eyes.

"I can take you home if you would like." He mumbled. You shook your head.

"I don't r-really have a h-home anymore." He looked down at you confused before speaking up.

"Why don't you stay at my place until you get back on your feet, yeah?" You thought about it before simply nodding.

"We should get going, it's pretty late." He stood up bringing you up with him. You grabbed onto his arm again as you both walked out the door.