<Chapter 9>

You waited for Wade and Bob to arrive at the restaurant. Mark was talking about random stuff that made you laugh.

Finally they walked through the front doors of the restaurant and sat across from you and Mark.

You just gave both of them a shy smile and a small wave. You weren't really the best when it came to meeting new people, you got all nervous that they would turn out like him.

Bob, Wade, and Mark talked for a few minutes while you stared at the window watching all the strangers go by.

You started to imagine lives for them. Like where they were headed, where they came from, and what's going on in their life.

Mark started to get up so he could go order the food at the front counter. He looked at you and you told him what you wanted. He did the same with Bob and Wade.

He left to order the food and left you all alone with Wade and Bob.

"So Y/N? Haven't seen you around before." Wade said. You nodded and looked down at your lap.

"How long have you lived here?" Bob asked you.

"Um, you know, maybe a year?" You looked up trying to avoid any eye contact. They asked you a few more questions before Mark started to come back after ordering the food.

"So do you have a boyfriend Y/N?" Wade asked. You froze. Why did he have to bring that up. Everything was going perfectly fine.

"I-i um, well," you stopped and sighed. Luckily, Mark heard the question and decided to help out.

"She actually just went through a pretty rough break up a few days ago..." Mark sat down beside you.

"Oh Y/N, I'm so sorry." Bob said sympathetically.

"I-it's fine." You mumbled as You tried to fight back the tears that were daring to spill.

"She used to live with him so she's living with me since she needs a place to stay." Mark told them. It was partially true.

You went back to staring out the window before you felt a warm hand on yours.

You looked over at Mark who grinned gently and mouthed the words "it's ok".

He gently rubbed your hand with his thumb to comfort you. You wanted to hug him so badly but you knew you couldn't.

You eventually got your food and started eating. Mark basically held your hand under the table the whole time.

You haven't said much to any of them. You wanted to talk to Mark but he was busy talking to Wade and Bob.

You sighed and stared out the window again. You could feel Mark's eyes on the back of your head so you turned around.

Your eyes were getting watery. You were so overwhelmed with everything that was going on. The room around you became a blur of colors. Mark's grin turned into a frown as he saw a tear slip down your face.

"Excuse me..." You stood up and grabbed your stuff and headed out side.

"Y/N wait!" Mark started to stand up but you shook your head.

"I'm ok Mark, I just need some fresh air." You continued to walk out of the restaurant and sat on a bench beside it.

A few minutes later you felt an arm wrap around your shoulders. You leaned into the embrace already knowing it was Mark.

You rested your head on his shoulder and had a few tears spill before you wiped your eyes and agreed to go back in side.