<Chapter 6>

You kept you head down and tried to calm your breathing. Mark held your shoulders to keep you steady. You calmed down enough to look up at him.

For some reason he looked almost...broken. His eyes had lost their normal sparkle as he held you up.

You both let out a shaky breath before he pulled you into a hug. You hugged back tightly and rested your head against his chest.

His beating heart calmed you down a lot. As the hug continued you began to get butterflies in your stomach. Mark slightly started to sway.

You eventually pulled away. Mark looked down at you and grinned. If only you knew what he was thinking.

"Why don't you take a nap?" He mumbled. You shrugged and nodded. Mark grabbed your hand and walked you into his recording room.

"Go lay down." He left you in the recording room so he could go get you a blanket. You sat on the sofa and waited.

He came back with a fluffy blanket and helped you lay down.

You closed your eyes as Mark sat down at his desk ready to record. You started to drift off as Mark began to record.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up and checked the time on your phone. It was about 3:45am. There was no way you were going back to sleep.

You got up and walked into the kitchen getting some water. You sat on the counter and heard the floor boards creaking in the hallway.

You put your glass down and froze. Before you knew it a sleepy Mark walked around the corner.

"Hey." You said. He just groaned and got his own glass of water. He took a sip and turned towards you.

"Why are you up so early?" He asked. His voice was raspy from sleeping. You shrugged and jumped down from the counter.

Not thinking, he walked over and wrapped his arms around your waist. You sighed and wrapped your arms around his neck.

In the short time you've known him, he's already become your best friend. He's been there for you when you needed someone the most.

He's the one that picked you up off the streets and bought you a (coffee/TEA). He's the one that held your hand through the whole night...

He's special.

You've only known him for like 2-3 days, and you knew you already loved him. He was such a big sweetheart.

He could be goofy sure, but he seemed to care about a random stranger on the streets. Why?

He lead you back to your bedroom and covered you up.

"Do you need me to stay in here?" He asked getting ready to sit on the uncomfortable wooden chair beside your bed.

"I, uh, I'll try a night alone." You stuttered. He nodded and began to walk out of the room.

"Oh, one more thing." He added and walked back over to you. He leaned down and kissed your forehead and gently ruffled your hair.

"Good-night Y/N." He smiled and headed out the door.

That one simple gesture was enough to get you through the rest of the night...alone.