<Chapter 2>

Mark opened the door to his apartment and led you inside. His house wasn't far but you had to walk the whole way. It was close to midnight and you were exhausted. He walked you over to the couch and you sat down. He left to the kitchen and brought you back some water.

"When you're done I'll show you your room." Mark said as he sat on the couch next to you.

How in the world is a stranger nicer and sweeter than anyone you've ever knew or met?

There was just something different about him. You don't know what it was but you could tell there was something there. He just understood you unlike everyone else.

You sat you water down on the table next to you and leaned your head back. You stared at the ceiling in deep thought. You just didn't know what to do from here on out.

You knew that certain someone was going to Markfind you eventually. He always does. The thought of going back to that place terrified you, but for some reason Mark made you feel secure, and safe.

When ever he would leave your side that hint of fear hit you. You started to breath faster, your thoughts came back, everything just turned back into that nightmare. But as soon as you saw him again all of that instantly went away.

"Y/n? You alright there?" You snapped out of your thoughts and nodded.

"Come on why don't we go to bed it's pretty late." You just nodded again as you let Mark take your hand and lead you to your room.

He helped you into bed and put your glass of water on the bedside table.

"Y/n, if you need anything at all I'm just in the next room ok? I'm right on the other side of this wall." He patted the wall behind the bed and gave you a smile. He started walking out the door and turned around.

"I'll come check on you later to make sure your ok." He turned the light off and closed the door.

You hated to admit it but ever since you've arrived at that place you've been terrified of the dark.

"No! Uh M-Mark?!" You yelled. Mark instantly ran back through the door and switched the light on with concern and worry on his face.

"Can you um, m-maybe leave the l-light on??" You asked. His face was filled with relief that you were still safe.

"Of course." He walked over and turned on the lamp on that was on the bedside table. He then pulled the sheets over your shoulders and walked back to the door.

"Good night, Y/N." He said. You watched him start to close the door.

"Night, Mark." The door clicked shut and you heard the footsteps walk into the next room.

'Alone again aren't we?' The voices in your head started to come out.

'No, not now, please not now.' You thought, that fear hit you and you started slightly shaking.

Your breathing quickened as the room around you slowly became darker. You started panicking, what was going on? You weren't blacking out or falling asleep.

You started to toss and turn trying to get the haunting voices out of your head. The room was still getting slightly darker every second.

You wanted to scream but your ability to just wasn't there. A few tears started to fall down your face as you hid under the blankets.

The voices wouldn't go away. The words you'll never be able to forget. It's all his fault. If it wasn't for him you wouldn't be struggling right now.

It was very hard for you to breath. You were gasping for air. You felt like you were being strangled.

Screaming still didn't work, you tried but it just came out as a cough. You lied there shaking with tears flooding your face.

Then, you couldn't move or breath before you heard loud footsteps and the sound of a door slinging open.

You began to cry. You didn't know what else to do. You were all the sudden sitting up with two arms wrapped tightly around you.

You hugged Mark tightly back and cried. It felt like you were struggling for hours, days even. But as soon as you saw Mark burst through that door you felt safe again.

"Shh, its ok, I'm here, you're safe, you're ok."

"I'm s-sorry." You stuttered.

"It's ok. You can't help it, you've been through a lot." He gently rubbed your back as you rested your head against his shoulder and closed your eyes.

"Ok, I'll stay in here till you fall asleep." Mark mumbled.

"O-ok." You whispered.

Mark grabbed his phone and pulled a chair over next to the bed. You got back under the covers and closed your eyes.

You felt something grab your hand and you slightly jumped. Mark gave your hand a reassuring squeeze before you slowly started to fall asleep.

You were safe with him. He won't let anything happen to you.