<Chapter 3>

When you woke up Mark was still sitting in that chair holding your hand making sure you were ok.

He had his head resting on the side of the bed. Exactly where he was when you fell asleep.

He sat in the uncomfortable wooden chair for hours just to make sure you could go to sleep. You felt bad that you made him sit there all night, guilty even.

You turned over in bed so you were laying on your side facing Mark. Your moving caused him to stir. He took a deep breath and went back to sleeping.

You looked back up at the ceiling and went back into deep thought.

Mark started moving again so you looked over at him. He looked up at you and had dark bags under his eyes.

"Hey." You said as he gave you a simple smile. He sighed and put his head back down.

"I thought you were never going to go to sleep." He yawned and looked back up.

"Yeah, sorry about that..." You let out a nervous laugh.

"It ok, glad you got some sleep." He stood up and started walking to the door that was still open from last night.

"You hungry?" He asked as he turned around to looked at you.

"No, not right now." You replied.

"Ok, well, let me know if you need anything." He walked out the door into the kitchen to get some food.

You sat up and hung your legs off the bed. You just kinda sat there staring at the floor thinking.

You heard the sound that you never wanted to hear again. The sound of glass shattering.

*Flashback*

"Go head! Leave, I don't care!" You tried to run in the dark halls but it is was to dark to see.

"You have nothing left! Where are you gonna go?" He chased you for what seemed like hours.

"You can't be saved! No one cares about you!" He threw a glass bottle at you which shattered and scratched up your face.

"Im all you've got! No ones ever going to love you!" You screamed and ran out the door.

Alone in the dark streets and the cold air. You finally found someone who cared.

*End of FlashBack*

You snapped back into reality. You shook your head to try to get the thoughts out of your mind and ran into the kitchen.

Mark was standing in the middle of the kitchen holding his hand with a few paper towels.

"Oh my god, are you ok?" You asked as you tempted to walk over to help him.

"I'm fine, just, don't come in here there's glass everywhere."

"Is your hand ok?" You asked pointing at the slightly red paper towel.

"Yeah I'm good, just a little cut. Go sit down I'll be there in a second."

You walked over to the couch and sat down. After a few minutes Mark walked into the room and sat next you on the couch.

"Let me see your hand." You said as you grabbed Mark's hand so you could see the cut.

It wasn't bad at all but it was enough to trigger your memories from the past.

You just kinda inhaled sharply and closed your eyes. You shook your head to get the thoughts out of your mind.

"Sorry, it's my thoughts again." You mumbled.

"It's ok, you don't have to apologize." Mark wrapped an arm around you.

You felt like you were going to cry but as soon as he touched you that feeling went away and you were just left sniffling.

You rested you head on Marks shoulder and closed your eyes.

Why did you feel so safe with him. Why does he actually listen to you? Why does he care? Why does he all the sudden feel so special to you?

You raised your head and looked at him, e/c (eye color) eyes locking with brown. He just grinned and looked over at the tv.

Why did he treat you so sweetly? Why did he treat you like you were special? Why is he so worried about you?

You two just met and you could already feel some sort of connection. You felt like you've known him for years.

You didn't know how to put your thoughts into words. You got up and found your way to the bathroom and slashed some cold water in your face to help you wake up.

You dried your face with a towel and walked back into the living room.

"So, do you wanna do anything today?" Mark asked. You shrugged and sat back down next to him.

"I don't know." You replied. He grabbed your shoulders and gently shook you.

"Where do you wanna go?" He asked. You looked at him and shrugged.

"How about somewhere for lunch? Or the mall?" He asked. You thought about it.

You were going to be stuck with mark for awhile so why not get to know him?

"When do we leave?" You asked.