<Chapter 22> (END)

You woke up, feeling an arm draped over your waist. You were confused for a split second, but soon realized who it was. You smiled to yourself and rolled over facing the person who had saved your life. Mark.

He was still sleeping, and to you he looked absolutely adorable. His hair was all over the place, sticking out in different directions. He just looked so peaceful. You watched him for a few moments before his eyes suddenly fluttered open followed by a small grin appearing on his face.

He pulled you closer to his chest and wrapped his arms securely around your waist.

"Good morning." He mumbled. The tiredness showing in his voice.

You both stayed laying in bed until your stomach grumbling REALLY loud. You both laughed and headed to the kitchen hand in hand.

You ran around the kitchen grabbing all sorts of ingredients to through into your breakfast meal. Mark did the same. Soon the kitchen was a complete mess. Eggs on the floor. Flour on every countertop. Strange mixing utensils scattered all over the floor.

You took a step back to look around the room, causing you to break out into a fit of laughter. Mark joining in after realizing.

You made your breakfast and ate it peacefully on the couch while watching your favorite tv show. Once you were done with your food, you put your plate down and leaned against Marks side.

You just casually stared off, looking at absolutely nothing but a blank wall. Your memories all flooding back.

***

The streets were cold and dark at night. It wasn't as bad as that place though. Nothing could possibly be worse. You continued to walk the empty streets shivering in the crisp fall air as you thought about these awful memories. You squeezed your eyes shut as you tried to keep those memories out of your mind. You still had scratches all over your face from what happened back there.

"Leave"

"You have nothing left"

"You can't be saved"

"I'm all you got"

These words kept running through your mind. Those were the last words you heard before you left. Then you screamed and ran out the door. 'No stop, not now', you thought. You couldn't handle these thoughts right now. It was a living nightmare for you.

You squeezed your eyes shut again, starting to walk a little faster. Your breathing quickened to short, sharp breaths. You continued to shiver in the cold.

"I have to get out of here." You mumbled.

You just kept on walking until all you could hear were those haunting words and your fast beating heart.

Your fast walking turned into jogging as a few tears fell from your eyes. You were starting to panic. Before you knew it you ran into something and fell back hitting your head on the concrete.

"Woah! I'm so sorry, are you alright?"

***

And thats where all of this started. The worst and scariest night of your entire life, could have easily been the very best.

You met someone to take care of you, protect you, help you in anyway, without ever asking for something in return.

A kind giver. A hopeful soul. A person that made you forget completely about the past and live in the present. And you were actually happy that you followed a stranger into a cafe that night. Because that one decision led you to where you are now.