<Chapter 18>

You laid in bed not being able to sleep. You felt alone, slightly scared, and guilty. You weren't used to sleeping on your own anymore. Mark was always by your side at night.

You kept your light on and stared at the ceiling. Tracing over small shapes with your eyes. You just wanted to get your mind off of everything. Mark has known about you this whole time and never even said anything.

To you he was a stranger. But to him you were just a familiar face. You wondered if he knew your name back then, and your favorite music to listen to. Thinking of music you decided to play some on your phone. You played your favorite song and it surprisingly cheered you up.

But you mind continued to wonder. You cant remember a single time that you did something for yourself. Mark would do everything for you to keep you happy. That's all he wanted. You didn't want to rely off someone else for happiness because what if something happened to them? Where would your happiness go? You wouldn't have any...

You decided to try to do things by yourself. You didn't want to be so dependent on someone. You were an adult you could handle it. You might seem fragile but you wanted to show people you weren't.

You didn't want anymore help from Mark. You wanted to be dependent on yourself. You didn't want his pity.

And with that you gave off an unsure grin and closed your eyes to soon fall asleep.

When you woke up you strolled out of your bedroom slightly more confident with your self.

You sat on the couch with your phone and started browsing the Internet.

"H-hey." Mark said as he made his way into the room and sat next to you on the couch. Obviously trying to sit as far away as possible.

"Hi." You stated. You voice seemed to hold no emotion.

"So, uh, do you wanna go out today, or stay here?" He asked you.

"Here, I'm not in the mood to go out." You just went back to your phone.

"Are you sure? The fresh air might help you-" you cut him off.

"Mark, I said no." He seemed unsure.

"Ok, just, trying to...help." That one word set you off.

"I don't need your help! I'm fine on my own!" You yelled. Not really knowing why you were getting so mad.

"Ok, I know for a fact, you hate being left on your own." His voice was becoming more stern.

"That's not true!!" You yelled back.

"Then how come you're always running to me!? HUH?!" You felt a single tear run down your face. You hated when people yelled at you. It brought back too many memories...

"Listen Mark... I don't. Need. Your help." Your breathing started to speed up as you tried to calm your self down.

"IVE BEEN HELPING YOU THIS WHOLE TIME!" You winced at his loud voice. It sounded to much like his...

"M-Mark-"

"DONT YOU 'Mark' ME! I DID SO MUCH FOR YOU AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME?! BY YELLING AT ME?!" You had tears spilling down your face.

"I-I'm, s-s-sorry...." You whispered. Your instinct kicking back in when someone yelled at you. You just surrender. You say your sorry and just hope that you won't get hit. Begging for forgiveness.

"Sorry is not gonna cut it! I can't believe you!" His voice wasn't as loud but it still rang through your ears.

You covered your ears and tightly squeezed your eyes shut. You backed up against the wall and cried. You started screaming. It wasn't such a loud scream though. More like a panicked scream or yelp.

Mark realized what he did. He was filled with too much anger to feel sorry for you. He made him self believe that that was your small punishment. But at the same time he was ripping at his hair and had many tears streaming down his face.

You two had never gotten in a fight before. Not even an argument or disagreement. Your head was spinning and your vision was blurry from your heavy breathing and tears. Your vision started to slowly black out but before you fell limp to the ground you shot up and sprinted out the front door. You didn't even bother to grab a jacket. You just ran. Mark tried to stop you on your way out but you blocked out his voice.

You didn't know where to go but you just kept on running. So far until you felt lost. You slowed up into a jog and then a walk.

You couldn't breath very well so you sat down in the grass next to the side walk. You crawled over to a nearby tree and leaned against it. You were exhausted. You let out one last choked sob before your vision blurred and darkened again and you were out.