<Chapter 20>

Mark?" You called. You grabbed the door knob and tried to push the door open. Surprisingly it was unlocked. You stepped in slowly and looked around, the house was dim and quite.

"M-Mark? You here?" You checked all the rooms in the house. No one was home. You ran back outside and saw that Marks car was still there.

He gave you a spare key to the house and the car just incase. So you pulled out your keys and got in the car.

You sat there with your hands on the steering wheel and hung your head.

"Ok Y/n, think, where would he go?" You grabbed your phone and called him.

No answer.

You texted him multiple times.

No answer.

And when you knocked on the door earlier.

There was no answer.

Where in the world did he go?

You just started to drive, not really knowing where. You just drove around town, looking at every single face in the streets.

Maybe he just went to the store or something? But wouldn't he have taken the car? Or his phone at least?

You pulled into a small parking lot, not really knowing the area that well, and got out of the car and locked it.

You walked around the small shopping center that you pulled in front of.

You looked around for ideas for where Mark could be. Maybe you should just go back to that tree.

You looked at the trees across the street as that tougher crossed your mind.

That bunch of trees looked awfully familiar. You walked to them and walked inside of what looked like a small forest.

It was starting to get a little dark outside as it got closer to night. You normally wouldn't just walk in a forest, but something was pulling you to keep going.

You stopped ever once in a while to pull your small jacket closer to your body, and to look at the the scenery. It was quite nice, but you were shaking from the cold.

Your head snapped around at the smallest sounds as the forest grew darker. The trees being to thick to let any remaining sunlight hit the tall grass beneath them.

Something caught your eye as you were walking. You turned you head and saw a small hedge like plant a few meters away.

You walked to them finding a small opening on the side.

You pushed your way through with your eyes closed and stumbled once you got through.

You opened your eyes to see quite a familiar sight. It was the lake that Mark has showed you. It was as beautiful as ever with the sunset reflecting off of the clear water.

You saw a figure sitting by the small lake. You slowly walked over to them having the yellow leaves crumbling under your feet with each step you made.

The dark stranger didn't turn around until you stopped walking.

Once they did froze.

"Y/n?" They asked standing up.