Prologue:

She tells him, "Ooh love, no one's ever gonna hurt you, love. I'm gonna give you all of my love. Nobody matters like you."

     My heart beat fast. I gazed around at the environment, my hands on my stomach, protectively over my child.

The alarming sounds of sirens and honking cars blared all around me, the stench of old cigarettes and pollution swallowing me. I bit my lip, as people walked past me, many almost bumping into me. I stayed there, viewing the brutal cold world, with the tall towers spiraling all around me. The crisp air, swarming with humidity from the sweltering ocean, the aroma of salty goodness brimming in the cool breeze.

     I gulped, nervousness washing over me. This was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I literally just ran away from home, not telling a single soul where I've gone. Not my mom or my sister. Not my two best friends, though they did know I was leaving. Not Kevin, God I was going to miss my kind-hearted friend. Not Esther. Not Ben. Not Nicole. And definitely not Avi. Obviously not Avi. This was the most life-changing decision I've ever made, yet I knew...well hoped it was worth it. It had to be worth it. I mean, I moved to Miami for goodness sake. A true city of paradise, although buzzing with work. Perfect for me.

     I began walking, like the rest of the people in this town, walking for I knew that's how I'd spend my days here for the rest of my life. I kept walking and walking, as my legs began to ache more than my broken heart, beginning to tremble each time I took a step. But I knew I had to keep moving, to keep moving until I found the location I was searching for.

The once sapphire sky melted into a violaceous haze, rippling away into a rainbow of colors. S**ner or later, less people walked along me, now the only ones beside me were in a way my kind. Homeless. We were both homeless, although I had the money to rent a home, they unfortunately didn't have any at all. One of them, a rather elderly lady called to me, begging, "Do you have a dollar to spare please?"

I peered at her. Her wrinkled skin hung to her skinny figure, her baggy t-shirt and denim skirt draped over her body. She appeared in a far worse shape than I was, I knew I had to give to her.

I handed her five dollars, smiling, "Here you go, ma'am."

"Thank you, pretty lady. God bless you," her face crinkled into a grin.

I waved at her, continuing on my journey to find my destination, the place I could call work.

Gradually, the sun kissed the horizon a good night, darkness surrounding all, as the glittering lights from each building shone higher than I could ever remember.

Lengthy lines of cars stood for miles, as the Brickell bridge finally closed, letting all the boats into the shimmery blue bay, reflecting the pale moonlight. I ambled quickly on the sidewalk, watching the wonderful view of the swirling dark green palm trees and the pelicans fly beneath me.

     Eventually, I reached the place I was looking for, the restaurant on the corner of the street in Brickell, with the apartments for rent at the top, as I panted, trudging into the bar.

     My eyes immediately caught the guy I was looking for, as I sighed in relief, for there he was. Standing by one of his waiters, he grinned at his customers, until he noticed me and froze.

My vision began to blur, I knew I shouldn't be walking long distances as a pregnant woman, as my head began to spin. I saw him, his cropped brunette hair, his beady brown eyes, his built figure, as he dashed towards me. Instantly, I fell to the floor, everything becoming black, until I spoke his name for the first time in years.

"Jeremy Lewis," I gasped, before I collapsed into a deep sleep.

Yes, a sequel! And noo, another book with Jeremy! Yet, I kinda need him for this story, he will make the plot work! Gratefully, he won't be in the way of Kavi...I think, since Kirstie will have no romantic feelings associated to him whatsoever. Yet, why does she know him? And when will Avi come into the story? And what exactly will happen to Kirstie? Have a great day or night wherever you are and goodbye!