Chapter Eighteen: Rockabye Baby, Don't You Cry

Edit: this was begun in January I just never got to finishing it welp.

So I'm starting to feel better about my writing. Writing is one of my passions; I could never ever let it go. But I often go overboard inside of my head and criticize every single thing about myself. Like everyone, I am my own worst judge, and I definitely tend to degrade myself more than I need to. While we must push ourselves to be the greatest we can be, we mustn't let ourselves carry beliefs that we aren't good enough, that we are lower than we actually may be. I'm trying to boost my confidence this 2018, and if you're struggling like me, then I suggest we try together. Anyways let's get back to the chapter:
What happens to Jeremy will not be mentioned in this chapter, but I can assure you that he does go to jail because even attempted rape is unacceptable and I won't let him go easy for this at all. But yeah, this chapter will be mainly fluff.

Crowds of children paraded out of the school, their tiny backpacks perched on their equivalently tiny selves, as the bell rang gloriously at midday.

Avi and I stood joyously, waiting eagerly for our little boy to come. We still didn't know how to tell Elliot, but we knew we had to tell him s**ner or later.

Ten minutes later, we're still standing out in the sizzling sun, the humid heat melting over us.

"Where do you think he is?" I frowned, as Avi shook his head.

"Maybe, he's helping Mrs. Salazar. Our kiddo does like to help out a lot in class," Avi exclaimed, as I nodded.

     "We can go check Mrs. Salazar's classroom to make sure," I added, as we locked hands, ambling into the building.

Kids roamed the halls, as we paced to the kindergarten hallway, finding Mrs. Salazar's room. It was closed, and all the lights were turned off, conveying that she clearly wasn't there.

"Where could he be?!" I panicked, rubbing my temple, as Avi placed his hands on my shoulders, reassuringly.

"He has to still be here. He's only six; he can't go far," Avi stated, as I sighed, "True."

Something lightly tapped my arm, as I turned around, only to see a little girl around the same age as Elliot.

"Ma'am, are you Elliot's mama?" The small girl asked, twirling her curly locks, as I nodded.

"Elliot told Mrs. Salazar that he needed to go to the bathroom at the end of class. He never came back to the classroom," she answered, pointing to the boy's bathroom across the room, as I smiled at her, replying, "Thanks, sweetie."

Walking to the bathroom, about to go in, Avi stopped me.

"Kirst, this is a boy's bathroom," Avi told me, as I placed my hand on my hip.

"And?"

I'm his mom, not a sicko, Avi.

"Can I talk to him? I'll see what's going on," Avi questioned, as I breathed, "Fine."

Avi beamed at me, as I rolled my eyes, though I was still apprehensive for I didn't know what had happened with our baby dragon.