Chapter Three: Trying to Keep Him Warm, Trying Keep All the Cold

"Maybe he's wrong. Maybe they're not coming to Miami. Maybe Jeremy made a mistake," I reassured myself, as I currently paced around my bedroom, while the sounds of Sesame Street and Elliot's giggles echoed throughout the apartment.

     I typed onto my phone rapidly, my fingers jamming into the keyboard, as I searched on Google whether or not they were coming. I guess deleting my socials didn't help with news very much, but thankfully there are still news articles around. I clicked the first website dealing with Pentatonix tour, my heart immediately sinking. They were freaking here.

     It didn't help that I heard my own voice singing off the TV.

     "Oh, the number one is not my favorite number, 'cause one means only me and there's no you! But one plus one, you see, makes two, that's you and me! It's more fun when one and one make two! It's more fun when one and one make two!"

     Or that Elliot recognized me either.

     "Mommy, you'we on TV!!!" Elliot squealed, as I rushed out of the room, in horror to see that old Sesame Street episode with the old Pentatonix in it. Aka the Pentatonix with me in it.

     "Me? Baby dragon, Mommy has blonde hair," I smiled nervously, as Elliot furrowed his little eyebrows, squinting his eyes at the screen.

     "But she lookth like you!" Elliot argued, pointing at me...well the singing me with Avi, Mitch, and Scott serenading kids about the number four. Educational, yet distracting. Especially since that day, Avi by accidentally walked into my dressing room practically shirtless awkwardly (at the time we weren't together since I was with Matt)...I should be keeping this child-appropriate, shouldn't I?

Gratefully, the door rang, as Elliot hollered, "I want to open it!"

"Okay, sweetie," I called after him, following him to the door.

     Elliot struggled to turn the door knob, as I reached out to help him, as he finally opened it.

     Jeremy Lewis. Just who I needed.

"Uncle Jewemy?" Elliot stuttered, as Jeremy simply flashed a smile to my little one, before turning back to me.

"My spare keys for this apartment are missing, which is why I rang the bell," Jeremy stated, as I frowned.

How could he lose the keys to his own apartment? He did own this, how could he possibly lose it?

"Oh," I nodded, as he began to explain why he was here.

     "Esther Kaplan...that's her name right? Anyways, she called and said that she and the rest of them will be coming to my bar in a few days, so I just wanted to warn you not to work that night that they are there."

     My jaw immediately dropped, as I peered over to Elliot now watching Elmo babble on about numbers and stuff.

     "Elliot, wouldn't you like to get ready for bed? You have school tomorrow too, and it's running past your bedtime," I announced, as Elliot bounced happily out of the room, for he loved bedtime. Most likely because I always read to him while he was tucked in his bed, in special voices for each character; he loved that.

     "Okay, Mommy!" Elliot squeaked from the hallway, as I turned back to Jeremy, swallowing, "Which day to be exact? Or are they coming every day that they're here?"

     "Their concert is on Tuesday and they wanted to come after the concert ends at 11:00 PM, but I don't know whether or not they're coming any other days. And it's not my place to ask them, since I'm just an owner. But I do suggest not making an appearance Tuesday, and that you try not to go to any popular places or hotspots for the next few days until they leave," Jeremy noted, as I bit my lip.