Chapter Twenty: Somebody's Got You

It's not every day you get a call from your child's teacher saying that your kid has run away from the school. It's not every day that this day happens to be Father's Day too. In addition to that, it's not every day that your kid's dad happens to be not on speaking terms with you. Everything was clearly going great now!

     Luckily, when you know your own son, you know where he likes to hide from the world. Aka the beach. And now, one might think, "hey, how on earth do you hide when it's a beach? There's so many people at the beach, especially within the summer months." Well, when you've lived here for a couple years, you know the spots where there is no one around.

    Right by the shut-down club by the swarms of seagulls and the angry crabs.
Yup, my son is quite the nature-goer. No surprise that Kaplan is his father.

     Throwing my shoes aside, I ran, my bare feet stinging against the hot, grainy sands, ran towards my boy, gazing up at the stretch of blue skies. Kaplan dashed behind me; the both of us ignored each other's presence.

     "Elliot," I gasped, immediately kneeling next to him, as I looked at my sad son.

    "Elliot! What's the matter with you? How could you run away from school? Baby dragon, you know you can't do that!" I cried, as he stopped looking up, and stared intently at me with those piercing jade eyes.

     "This girl said everybody had a Daddy. Where's mine? Where's my Daddy?" Elliot spilled sorrowfully, as my heart instantly dropped.

    "Elliot, oh Elliot," I sobbed in fear, as he narrowed his eyes at me.

    "Mommy, where's my Daddy?" Elliot repeated with tears glimmering on his face, as Avi plopped down beside me.

     "Avi is your father," I stammered, finally telling my son who his father was after all these years, finally allowing the words to escape my mouth.

    And with that, I lost my son. Lost his friendly smiles and glittering eyes to cold glares and despising frowns.

     "You're my Daddy?" Elliot questioned with big eyes, completely ignoring me now, glancing over at a stunned Avi, for he most definitely did not expect me to tell him.

    "Yes," Avi pondered, remarking softly. "Yes, kiddo, I am."

     "Where were you, Papa?" Elliot asked tearfully, smiling at Avi with a newfound light in his eyes. He had found his father, after all.

     "Somewhere not knowing I was your father at all. Just lost in a world feeling not quite complete," Avi chuckled dryly, as Elliot hugged him.

    "I love you, kiddo," Avi kissed Elliot's forehead.

    "I love you too, Daddy."
*************************************

     Elliot and Avi stopped talking to me that night. As I was getting ready for bed, I overheard muffled voices coming from the living room.

     "Kiddo, if you want, you can stay with me then. We could hang together on the PTX tour. And then at my apartment in LA."

    "That sounds like fun!! Are there dragons in LA?"

     "Definitely! And barbecue!"

    Laughter and giggles filled the other room, bringing an empty feeling to my heart, a feeling of longing and yearning to be a part of them.

   But I couldn't. Because of what I had done to my own baby dragon. Because of everything that I thought would protect him from all the dangers in the world.

    And the next PTX concert was in two days, practically one since they would leave tomorrow. And Elliot would leave me, my baby, my one and only, leave me to strangle in this sea of silence and sorrow, strangle in the depths of loneliness. And Avi would finally get what he deserved. His son and a happy life.

    And I would get what I deserve too. Suffering.

Nvm this is a short chapter too! But still YEET double update!! Next chapter is the last before the epilogue :)))! YEET YOOT! But I promised there will be a happy ending, and I will fulfill that promise :)))! Have a great day/night and love ya ❤️❤️❤️! Goodbye!