Chapter Seventeen: No One's Ever Gonna Hurt You, Love

Warning: Attempted rape, but thankfully no rape. Also a creepy dream, but that's really it.

The doorbell trilled in my ears, as I pulled the door open, marching into the restaurant for the last time.

My former co-workers stared at me in shock, as I ignored them, brushing past them, pacing towards Jeremy's office.

Twisting the doorknob, I walked into the room, as he continued to gaze down at the paperwork on his desk, as if he was pretending I wasn't there.

"I'm here to give you your apartment key back. I won't be needing it any longer," I said emotionlessly, as he finally glanced up at me.

The sight of him surprised me, an unshaven face with messy hair and bloodshot eyes facing me.

"Kirst, we need to talk," his hoarse voice crackling as I plopped down into one of his chairs.

     "About what? You lying to me all this time? What could we possibly be talking about?" I inquired, raising a brow.

     He stood up, nodding, as he walked over to his door, locking it.

     Apprehension arose within me, as my fingers trembled. Instantaneously, I  interlaced my fingers, keeping them from shivering in the dark room.

     He walked beside me, standing behind my chair, as I breathed, "So, why did you do this?"

     With this, he laughed, a dry, bitter laugh washing over me.

     "Oh, Kirstie. With a brain like yours, I'd expect you to know by now. After all, I, unlike Avi, have and will always love you a long time."

     His words slathered over me, as I shook, immediately realizing what was going on.

     "You sent the note?!" I panicked breathlessly, as he moved in front of me, holding my shoulders.

     "That, I did. Without receiving a 'thank you', but I did do it anonymously, so I didn't expect you figure it out quickly," Jeremy responded.

"You're horrible, Jeremy. I hope you figure that out," I spat in his face, as he frowned at me.

Shrugging out of his reach, I ambled over to the door, as Jeremy tutted, his lengthy fingers now on my waist.

     "What do you think you're doing?" I snapped, as Jeremy hushed me.

     "I'm not done with you yet, Kirstie."

     His tone grew louder and far more animalistic than his usual calm sentiment.

     "Jeremy, please don't," I croaked, as he pushed me against the wall, my back   pressed against the curtained window.

     He gnarled at me, kissing me forcefully, as I bit his lip hard. Glittering blood trickled down the side of his mouth, as he grinned devilishly.

     "You wanna play it rough now, don't you, babe?" Jeremy's eyes gleamed wickedly, as I took my hands out of his reach, proceeding to smack him as hard as I could.

     "The only thing that does, Kirst, is turn me on even more," Jeremy smirked, then clutching my hands once more, even as I continued to scratch and hiss at him, taking his tie and tying them behind me.

     "There we go. Problem solved," He murmured, as I snarled, "You are a sick, twisted being."

     "Sick enough to finally do what I've dreamed of- no Kirstie, I'm simply a man getting what I deserve. You."