Chapter Eleven: Deny U

Surprise! Another chapter! I decided that I should do a double update, because this inspired me! I hope you enjoy!
Warning: Mentions of drinking (Don't drink underage for those of you who are!) I usually don't have this as a warning, but thought I should put it just in case it triggers...idk.

     Elliot clutched my hand, carrying his school bag on his back, as we dashed through the streets. Glaring lights and blaring sounds echoed through the city, as lengthy lines of cars followed through. We ambled quickly on the long bridge, leading to Brickell Key Island, hurrying away. The purple waves shimmered, as it licked the pale moonlight; the magnificent skies melting away into the blue bayside. Evergreen palms outlined the island, as glistening lights illuminated the bridge. Joggers rushed past us, in their own little world of music, as we finally reached the island.

     "Mommy, why awe we hewe?" Elliot asked, his big eyes gazing at me tiredly.

     "Baby dragon, are you sleepy?" I questioned, as he nodded slowly.

     Seeing my exhausted baby, I embraced him, lifting my baby up, even though he was a 'big boy' now. I held him against my hip, like I did when he was a little four-year-old Elliot.

     He yawned, placing his head against my chest, as I walked to the hotel right beside the many apartment complexes. Mandarin. Many celebrities stayed at this hotel (the island constantly buzzing with sleek black limousines and escorts to guide the hidden figures away from the crowd), so it was no doubt that Avi stayed here too.

     Going into the lobby, I smiled at the attendant at the front desk.

     "How may I help you?" The lady said, her curly red hair bouncing up and down her shoulders.

     "We're here to see Mr. Kaplan. He's expecting us," I explained, as she frowned.

     Her hair moved, showing her name-tag- apparently her name was Kristin. Funny.

     "I'm sorry, but I can't let you see this guest. I don't know how you got any information over where this guest was staying, but for both your safety and his, I can't let you do that," Her monotone voice squeaked.

     I rolled my eyes. Did she think I was some crazy Pentatonix fan? Oh please, I have things better to do than obsess over an overly-dragon-and-barbecue-and-cheeseburger-obsessed lumberjack-wannabe who thinks that just because he can sing low that he's hot. Ha, then I'd fangirl over myself while I'm at it.

     "No ma'am, you've got the wrong idea. I'm not some Pentatonix fan who wants his autograph; he's actually expecting me. You can call him, if you don't believe me," I declared, as Elliot opened his eyes, gazing around, while still perched on my hip.

     She narrowed her eyes at me, as she began, "Mrs...?"

     "Maldonado," I said for the first time in forever.

     "Mrs. Maldonado, I still can't...wait-"

     She paused all of a sudden, her eyes examining me intently, as if she recognized me.

     "OhmyGodyou'reKirstinMaldonado! ThemissingfifthsingerofPentatonix!" She gasped, as I hushed her.

     Thankfully, Elliot was half-asleep, and didn't hear.

     "Shh, no one can know who I am. But yeah, you're right. Just...please don't tell anyone. I'll give you whatever you want, just please don't tell anyone and please let me see Avi," I intoned quietly.

     "Don't worry, I won't!" She said enthusiastically, almost similar to an eager child. "Wait, so, can I get a private concert of y'all singing? I promise not to tell anyone that you're here."