Chapter Ten: Love You A Long Time

Squinting my eyes open, I rolled over to view glittering light shining through the curtains.

"Ugh," I moaned, as little feet shook the bed.

"Mommy, wake up!" Elliot whined, as I snuggled the warm, fuzzy blanket, wrapping it around me. Placing the pillow over my head, I groaned.

I didn't want to wake up. I didn't want to re-emerge in the bitter world; didn't want to go back to the past. I was done with the past- kinda why I left. Not to mention that if I held on to the past, what would become of my future? Of our future- Elliot's too? Yeah, Elliot would have probably grown up with a father, but the consequences of fame would have followed us all around. Especially since I was incredibly infamous. My own fault.

"Mommy!"

"Fine, baby dragon. You win," I yawned, as Elliot pulled my pillow off of me. His emerald eyes twinkled as he giggled.

"How'd you sleep, sweetie?" I asked, ruffling his hair.

"I had a good dweam! Thewe wewe dwagonth flying evewywhewe!" Elliot babbled excitedly.

I grinned at him. My little cutie.

"Well, Mommy had a weird dream. We went to a concert in my dream," I barely told him the major details. They were too shocking to be told, and Elliot didn't know Avi was his dad, so I obviously couldn't tell him the most of it.

"But Mommy, we did go to a concewt lath night!" Elliot laughed.

"Wait what?"

So Esther and Nicole and Candice and Austin and Kevin and Mitch and Scott- I actually saw them?

Abruptly, I recalled last night, groaning again once I remembered.

"Oh yeah," I pressed my lips together, faking a smile, as Elliot laughed again.

Wonderful. That meant that Avi Kaplan was truly trying to be my kid's father, and that I had let him. I'm an idiot.
***********************************

Knocking on the door as firmly as I could, I waited impatiently, tapping my foot.

     Eventually, the door burst open, as a bright smile awakened, displaying my boss- for once excited in the early morning.

     "Well, you look peppy," I joked, as he rolled his eyes gleefully.

     "I'm always peppy, Kirst," was his exuberant reply.

     "Well, you're peppier than usual," I remarked.

Gesturing for me to come in, he closed the door behind him. Reaching for his coffee mug on the polished marble counter, he pointed to it, wondering if I'd like some coffee.

"No thanks," I shook my head.

I plopped down on the soft couch by the vast glass windows overlooking the shimmering, clear waters. Crystal blue waves flickering against the golden rays of light.

"So, what's up with you?" Jeremy asked, sitting down next to me.

"Well...everyone who I didn't want to know I was here knows I'm here. I accidentally fell under Kaplan's spell, saying that I'll let him be a fatherly figure to Elliot," I stated quickly, as Jeremy held up his hands.

"Woah, woah, woah. You did what?!"

"Yes, I know. I'm a total idiot," I said breathlessly, the pressure of my situation pounding against my heart.