Chapter One: Kirstin

I was going to update this on this Friday, but since I finished all my homework first and practiced and stuff, then I had time to write, so I was like, okay lemme give y'all the first chapter of this early, so then I could write Our Light In The Hallway and Broken Dolls on Friday. 

She tells him, "Ooh, love. No one's ever gonna hurt you, love. I'm gonna give you all of my love. Nobody matters like you."
*************************************
     I woke up, my body immediately in pain as ivory rays of light blinded me, blurring my vision slightly.

     "Where am I?" I asked groggily, one of my hands rubbing my eyes, the other at my stomach, over my bump in a protective manner.

     A shadowy figure stood at the corner of the room, coming closer until I saw his face. Jeremy Lewis. Aka an old friend of mine, back in my one year of college.

     "Kirst, you're in a hospital," Jeremy answered in regards to my question, as I recognized the equipment around the room. Great.

     "Ugh, I knew I should have not been worried and spent a few of my dollars on a taxi ride," I groaned to myself, as Jeremy ambled towards me.

     "Kirstin," Jeremy said my name again, as I glanced over to look at him.
Chocolatey eyes, ruffled brown hair, a chiseled jaw, everyone knew Jeremy was attractive. Thank God he wasn't my type, or that I wasn't his either...since we clearly didn't work out, back when we dated during my one year of college.

     "Yes, Jer?" I said, as he chuckled slowly, raising his eyebrow.

     "Not trying to be rude at all, but why are you here?" Jeremy questioned, his arms resting against the side of bed, standing cautiously beside me. I bit my lip uncomfortably, before beginning to speak.

     "I moved here without anyone knowing. I'm done with my old life. No one knows I'm here. Not Pentatonix. Not Mitch. Not Scott. Not even my family. And I have to keep it that way. For the sake of my child. Jeremy, I want to work for you. In return, no one can know of my existence. Or of my child's existence either."
*************************************
24 hours earlier:

     "You can't be serious?! You're leaving?!" Mitch shrieked, as both Scott and Mitch's eyes widened with shock.

     "Don't look so surprised," I sighed, as the baby began to kick again. I massaged my swollen stomach, attempting to soothe the child.

     We were currently at a McDonald's in Boston, just the three of us, for the others were still on the tour bus fast asleep, eating as other customers watched us (probably wondering whether we were famous and who we are). I bit into my Egg and Cheese Biscuit, as Mitch and Scott just stared at me.

     "Um, how can we not be surprised?We're literally on tour, and you're going away permanently!" Scott almost spit out his coffee (wrong timing but okay), as Mitch narrowed his eyes at me.

     "But what about Avi?" Mitch gestured to my enlarged abdomen, as I breathed in slightly.

     "What about Avi?"

     Did they expect me to go and tell him, "Hey, I'm leaving forever with your kid, so um goodbye?"

     Mitch sucked in his breath, saying, "It's his right to know that he has a kid. Plus, you can't just leave. Maybe we can take a longer break from tour, once you tell everyone, of course."