Chapter Twelve: Where Have You Been

[That's the arena where PTX performed in this story...(they didn't perform there irl). I took this pic when I was in Fl two weeks ago lol]

Pouring hot liquid from the pitcher to the crystalline glasses, I tried to focus on everything else but Avi. Yet, it was too late. My mind couldn't stop thinking about the night before, couldn't stop thinking about the past; instead thinking of a brand new future. A future with Elliot and Avi, hugs and kisses, no constant worries and positivity all around; continuous joy.

No, I shook my head. That could not be possible. Avi didn't love me. He was just trying to get inside my head, just trying to take Elliot away from me for once and for all. And I still couldn't let him. I couldn't let his revenge work, couldn't let him get what he wanted.

He just wanted Elliot, not the both of us.

And there was no way I'd let him take my child away from me.

No freaking way.

     Plus, I had Jeremy helping me. I couldn't ruin our plans. I couldn't ruin everything.

No, Kaplan wasn't going to win. Not ever.
***********************************

     Glancing at them from the park bench, I watched my little one fly joyously on the swings with Kaplan on the other one, looking like a clumsy mid-thirty-year-old (which he was) that was overly obsessed with the park. I had (and unfortunately still have) odd taste in men.

I walked over to where they were giggling, where the glowing golden rays shone against the silvery metal poles holding up the royal blue swings, where they snickered at the vast sapphire world around them, trying to soar up into it. However, similarly to me, they were thrown back and forth, swaying up and down, for the world isn't what it is. Success may seem near, but once you think you grasped it, all you feel is the simple fall backwards, further back to devastation below. No matter how hard you try, how much effort you put into it, you can't change the fact that you will never have what you wanted- prosperity, love, true treasures...you only are brought back below where you once stood, rather than up in the glorious world where you can glide with the birds, serenading the tragic world below with your sweet song of success. It's not at all what it seems, but my kid, young and naive, kept trying, claiming he would 'fly with the dragons.' And Avi encouraging him. Now, I would do the same, for Elliot wouldn't have to know these things. For one day, with all this work, I will make sure Elliot will rise, way above me, way above anyone else in this place, so that he wouldn't know. That he wouldn't find out the truth- that dreams may seem to come true, but if you don't hold it hard enough in you clutch, you will simply fall like the others, collapse into nothingness...where I resided today, but only for the sake of my son, for if it were for me...I wouldn't be here, or anywhere.

"Kirst, you want to try? I bet you can't swing higher than I did," Avi remarked, as I pursed my lips at the thought.

But, when Elliot joined in, chanting, "Thwing! Thwing! Thwing, Mommy," I sighed, smiling at my baby dragon, commenting, "Anything for you, Elliot."

Avi stepped off the swing, as I plopped onto it, glaring to see that Kaplan had come behind me.

"Avi, I didn't ask for your help," I grumbled, as he pushed my back lightly, as I began to glide through the brisk air and back to the ground where Kaplan smirked devilishly.

"But you need it," Avi answered, as I narrowed my eyes at him, as he continued to push me and sometimes Elliot up into the sky, where everything belonged.