zero; about remi moore

Remi Moore was not your 'stereotypical' teenage girl

Remi Moore was not your 'stereotypical' teenage girl. She didn't sneak out in the quiet dusk of night or gossip about boys at school. She liked books, and science, and staying in bed for as long as humanly possibly. However, she was not always like this.

For the first eight years of Remi Moore's life, she lived a happy childhood with her mother in a small cottage in rural Louisiana. Her father walked out on the two before she was born, but Sarah Moore refused to mention his name at all. 

Unbeknownst to young Remi at the time, her mother was deeply involved in the supernatural community, which would soon be her downfall. Her mother's weekly voyages into the city were expected, but one day, Sarah Moore did not return home from her outing. She had simply vanished into thin air, and was pronounced dead soon after. The small girl had no idea what had happened, and she consequently shut everyone out. She was broken. 

Without a father in the picture, the little girl was sent to live with her Aunt Amelia in the French Quarter, and for the next eight years, she was her sole caretaker, seeing through that the girl continued her education and maintained a somewhat stable upbringing. Remi was told small pieces of the events leading up to her mother death, but it never fully made sense to her - and she despised that. 

Over the course of many years, the girl began to develop headaches, ten times more intense than any migraine she had ever experienced before. It started out as just a small inconvenience, nothing a little Advil couldn't fix, but that soon progressed into massive splitting headaches that were nearly unfathomable. Although excruciating, the headaches only lasted for a few minutes, which puzzled the school nurse even more. 

Her aunt was quite oblivious to her nieces suffering, since the two barely ever saw each other during the week. The sixteen-year-old spent most of her time at Rousseau's, studying, and Amelia worked a full time job with crazy hours. Remi had been a regular customer at Rousseau's since she was just a baby, and it was one of the only pieces she had left of her mother. The migraines continued, until one day in Rousseau's, the popular New Orleans eatery, she faints. The rest is history. 

-•-•-

-•-•-