twenty-two; t minus 10 hours

-•-•-

As the girl's bright hazel eyes fluttered open, she gasped and quickly sat up, darting her confused gaze around the room. The four Mikaelsons stood worriedly by her side as she looked up at them. "What the hell just happened?" Remi asked as she rubbed the back of her head, still sitting down on the sofa she had been placed on.

"You fainted right before you were about to tell us something," Elijah said with a hint of concern in his voice.

"Oh; right," Remi muttered, everything rushing back to her like a high speed car chase.

"Hey, I got here as soon as I heard what happened," Marcel said as he walked in and kneeled down beside Remi and placed an arm on her shoulder. "You don't have to partake in this tomorrow night if you don't feel up to it," he assured her, referring to the plan that would be occurring in less than twenty-four hours.

"Absolutely. Give us the word and we'll send out cancellation letters to our guests within the hour," Klaus said as he stepped closer to Marcel.

Remi shook her her head and stood up. "See, look; I'm totally fine. I really want to help," she said and forced herself to smile although her mind was still in turmoil.

"Alright, we'll continue setting up for the party, but what were you about to say earlier? It seemed quite important," Rebekah said and everyone else nodded, urging Remi to continue.

"Oh, that," Remi trailed off and straightened her lips. "It wasn't really that important. I'll just tell you guys after the party, there're other things to worry about."

"If you say so. Just let us know if you feel like fainting again," Freya said jokingly, but still eyeing the girl in case she started to wobble.

"Ok, will do. I'm gonna head back to bed now, see you guys in the morning," she said and chuckled before heading towards the door. "Bye, Marcel!" Remi shouted out as she reached the middle of the hallway. 

She opened up her bedroom door, jumped onto the bed, and drifted off to sleep face-first on her pillow, hoping to forget about the now very obvious '17' on her shoulder if her shirt wasn't covering it.

 "Does that girl ever stop putting others ahead of herself?" Marcel said as he continued to plan the extravagant Mikaelson ball in the other room.

"Of course not. It wouldn't be Remi if she did," Klaus said, the whole room nodding in agreement. Remi truly was a good, selfless person, but bad things just managed to find their way into her life.

-•-•-

As the cool spring air drifted through Remi's quiet bedroom, curious tourists could still be heard roaming the city despite it being the middle of the night. In her slumber, she dreamed of Sawyer and how much she wished he was here. As far as she knew, he was still in Georgia with his family doing god knows what, and that worried her. In her times of need, Sawyer was always there for her. Of course now she had the Mikaelsons to rely on, and she loved them with all of her heart, but there was only one Sawyer in the world. As her dreams drifted through her unconscious being, the sky began to turn a pinkish-orange as more and more people began to filter through the streets. The buskers resumed their positions and blasted their trumpets to the max, the harmonic jazz notes ringing in Remi's ears.

She groaned as she tossed and turned around in her bed, but fell flat to the floor with a thud. She laid on the floor for a quick moment, internally cursing the morning for existing. She didn't even bother to change out of her pajamas as she walked down the stairs and into the courtyard of the abattoir, greeting the various originals that she had seen only a couple hours prior.