✔︎five; helping hand

-•-•-

"Niklaus. Where have you been?" Elijah asked as his sisters stood next to him, each wearing an expectant glare. Klaus simply stood tall and proud, refusing to give in to his siblings' judgmental eyes.

"Well, brother, sisters, I have some good news. I have been with the French Quarter witches all day trying to figure out why that girl didn't die, and cleaning up your mess. Unfortunately, this alliance is one that would be quite beneficial to me," the hybrid growled, his teeth clenching as he spoke.

"What in god's name do you mean, Nik? You're the one who agreed to let them assassinate a child. How is any of this our fault?" Rebekah retorted as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"This girl is supposed to be dead! She is a ticking time bomb whom holds the power to destroy the entire city. She will bring destruction to everything we built from the ground up!" Klaus shouted, his hands following his words sharply. His siblings simply stared at him as he went on and on about why Remi was apparently such a threat, though they were not shocked at all by what he was saying. Klaus had always been overly paranoid, so what were they to expect when a teenage girl with the magic of an entire coven, pops up out of thin air. 

"But," Klaus continued. "Do not fret. I have concocted a new deal. All we have to do is find the little witch girl and hand her over to them. She is weak right now, this is when we strike," he insisted.

"I can't believe you, Klaus." Freya gaped as she walked up to him. "I understand you want power, but this is not the way to get it. You three were once scared children, not knowing what the hell you were or how to handle your newfound vampiric abilities. And I was once a young witch without any parents, who had no idea what I was or how to control my magic. You didn't sign up to become vampires, and Remi didn't sign up be a magical vessel, but for some reason, history has a habit of repeating itself even a thousand years later. We can't kill this girl, Klaus." Even after Freya had brought up the early years of their childhood, the hybrid's stance did not budge. 

"I have done nothing but protect the lot of you, and now it seems you all have a death wish," Klaus replied, looking deeply into his siblings eyes as they stood before him.

"What the hell are you going on about, Nik? She didn't even know what she was up until a few days ago," Rebekah replied as her eyes narrowed at him.

"Indeed. Remi was completely unaware of her family history," Elijah added and knitted his eyebrows together.

"Ha, it seems you have all been swindled by the little brat. She has been trying to kill the witches for years now, ever since her mother was killed. She has been out for revenge, which is precisely why the witches want her out of the way," Klaus replied as he shared a toothy grin.

"Niklaus, before this week, Remi under the impression that her mother had died an unknown death. She only just found out that her mother was killed by the French Quarter Coven, which she then shared with us the moment she was informed," Elijah responded.

"That isn't possible, the witches have assured me otherwise. The girl made another attack just a few hours ago," Klaus said, his tone of voice faltering slightly as he paced slowly.

"They were lying, Nik. She has been with us for the past 24 hours. I sedated her just under an hour ago," Rebekah sighed, now knowing that Amelia Moore's death could have been easily prevented. The hybrid's nostrils flared as he turned his ear facing the rooms upstairs. He gritted his teeth, and his hybrid visage appeared as he realized that they were telling the truth: there was an faint 'thump, thump, thump' in the room just above his head, though it was very faint.