twelve; celebrate!

(Christian Akridge as Sawyer Liondale)

-•-•-

Remi rubbed her eyes as she slowly slid out from under the silky covers of the king size bed she fell asleep in the night before. She looked over and saw Sawyer fast asleep on one of the chairs across the room. 

She quickly made her way downstairs in simply a large sweater and shorts. Remi had been planning Sawyer's birthday for months, but him and the other werewolves being taken had really put a hold on her plans.

"Hey, you're up early today," Freya greets a yawning Remi.

"Yea, I was hoping we could maybe do something for Sawyer's birthday today? He's turning seventeen and he usually spends his birthday alone so I think it would be a nice surprise for him," Remi says with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"You know what, I think that's a great idea. What do you have in mind so far?" Freya answers back.

"I was thinking that we could just have a little party? Nothing too crazy. Oh!" Remi continues "how about inviting his parents over? Last night he was talking about how much he missed them, and from personal experience it really sucks to not have any family around," she said.

Freya empathetically smiled for a moment before responding, "alright, I think we can make that happen. Ready to go?" 

"Yep. Hey, where is everyone by the way? Its so quiet here," Remi said, following closely behind Freya.

"Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah went to go do some digging into who might be behind the werewolves' disappearance. Knowing them, they'll be back in no time," Freya answered, leading a curious Remi down the streets of New Orleans in pursuit of Sawyer's parents.

-•-•-

"Are you sure this is the exact park where the wolves were found?" Klaus asked, searching around a familiar dense forest.

Rebekah sighed. "Yes, Nik. It was right here. Whoever it was probably ran off by now, at least anyone with a brain would," she answered.

"I agree, Niklaus. Perhaps a night full of searching is enough," Elijah seconded.

All of a sudden, rapidly moving footsteps approached their general area. Niklaus, Elijah, and Rebekah sped off behind a bush in hopes of concealing their presence quick enough to find out who it was. 

"Dude, this is bad idea. Someone found out about them, we should be 10 states away by now!" an unknown trembling voice projected.

"Yea, what if marcel finds out? I'm a witch, I'm not even supposed to be practicing magic, let alone a spell of that size!" a female voice responded.

"Just shut up, both of you. Marcel won't find out because..." a final third voice said, seeming to be thinking, "because... all we have to do is find the wolves and bring them back! Then we finish the ritual and we'll have enough power to finally kill Marcel. Guys, this can work, I--" he was about to carry on but was cut off by the three originals speeding out in front of them.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me," Rebekah said, eying the three teenagers who were obviously petrified. 

"You're the originals... oh my god, um- we were just hiking, I swear," the female voice said, nodding furiously.