sixteen; let the plotting begin

-•-•-

Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, Remi, Sawyer, and Marie arrived back to the abattoir within 10 minutes. Just as they walked in through the front entrance, Freya emerged from her spell room and ran her hand through her hair stressfully. 

"You're back already?" Freya asked as she approached the gathering who was moving to sit on the couches.

"We've found someone who we think you should meet," Klaus said and Marie sat up to greet her. 

"Hi, I'm Marie. Nice to meet you," she said with a warm smile.

"Freya," the other witch replied with the same smile and sat down on one of the several couches.

"Marie here has identified a woman named Elizabeth Petersé as someone we should be tracking down," Elijah stated and Freya seemed to be pondering the name.

"I've heard of her before, a few centuries ago, when I was still with Dahlia. I've only ever heard stories,  but you think she's the one?" Freya replied and moved her eyes towards Marie.

"I know she is... I've seen it happen," Marie said softly and eyed the ground.

"You what?!" Klaus roared and shot up out of his seat, Marie darting her eyes back up to him.

"What did you want me to do? Go confront her and get myself killed? I knew that if I even blinked wrong that she'd kill me, so I watched. I watched as she used a spell to send a werwolves family into a deep sleep and brought them to some magically-sealed building. I've been trying to figure out where she brings them, but she uses a spell that masks it's location," Marie explained guiltily.

Sawyer suddenly stood up out of his seat and walked out of the room briskly, and Remi tried to keep up with him. He reached the front entrance of the abattoir before Remi was able to reach him. She put a hand on his shoulder and flipped him so that he was facing her.

"I just- she watched it happen, Remi. She just let some vengeful maniac kidnap, maybe even kill, an innocent family. Like what the hell, Remi? What kind of life are living? This is so fucked up on so many levels!" Sawyer exclaimed, and all Remi could do was nod along with him.

"I know," she quietly agreed, "and I'm sorry. I never wanted you to get mixed up in all of this insane supernatural drama, Sawyer," Remi confessed.

"None of this is your fault, Remi, none of it. It would've happened either--" Sawyer began , but halfway through his sentence, a commotion could be heard from inside the abattoir.

The two looked at each other with confused expressions for a moment before running back inside. Klaus was pinning Marie to the wall by her neck while Elijah, Rebekah, and Freya were rolling their eyes and shouting at Klaus to put her down.

Remi growled and held her hands up at Klaus, muttering "et potsuit illam." Klaus was then thrown off of Marie, who dropped to the floor with a thud.

"What the hell, Klaus, are you trying to kill her?! Do you want to find the wolves or not?" Remi shouted at Klaus.

"Of course I do, but we don't know whose side this serpentine witch is on! For all we know she could working for the very one we're hunting!" Klaus rebutted forcefully and Remi scoffed in reply.

"For gods sake, Nik, again with the witches?" Rebekah replied.

"Niklaus, I warn you not to let your bias towards witches impact us once more. We both know how that ended in the past; innocent casualties," Elijah warned, subtly hinting at Remi's past, which she still has yet to find out about.

"What do you mean?" Remi asked Elijah curiously, who glanced over at Niklaus before turning back to Remi.

"That's a story for another time, little witch. For now, let's focus on destroying the one threat whose gotten on my very last nerve. Marie, have you any idea how we can find the location of Ms Petersé?" Elijah replied, and Klaus sent him a dangerous look before speeding out of the room.

Marie sighed. "I've been looking through old grimoires these past few weeks. I still have a few more I haven't looked through if anyone wants to try," she offered.

"I suppose we don't have any other options right now, do we," Rebekah stated.

"I'll fetch the last of mother's old grimoires too. Maybe there's something I haven't read yet. Meet me in the study when I get back," Freya said and walked off, leaving Elijah, Rebekah, Marie, Remi, and Sawyer to head back to Marie's shop in the Quarter.

-•-•-

It only took them under twenty minutes to carry Marie's spell books back to the abattoir. They brought them all into Freya's study where she was already sifting through dozens of Mikaelson grimoires.

"Here's the last of them," Remi grunted as she plopped them down next the pile.

Marie and Freya began looking through dozens of ancient spells in hopes of finding something, anything, that would lead them to the location of Elizabeth.

About an hour into the process, Freya and Marie were still seemingly nowhere close to finding a decent spell. Remi and Sawyer sighed and moved to sit on the two chairs on the other end of the room, but Rebekah and Elijah shared a look and sped over before the two kids could even blink.

"Sorry, kiddies. Immortals get first pick," Rebekah and Elijah said while grinning smugly.

"Fine," Remi replied challengingly and jumped onto Rebekah's lap.

"... I think I'll stand," Sawyer said as his expression writhed oddly, and the three others laughed in response.

"Guys, shut up," Marie said urgently and Freya looked over at the spell she was reading.

The others got up and walked over to where the witches were stationed and stared on in anticipation.

"What did you find?" Remi asked with a hint of hope laced in her voice.

"A tracking spell, but not your usual one that needs a person's DNA," Marie replied, still somewhat focused on trying to translate the rest of the spell.

"But how is that possible? I though locator spells needed some sort of personal tie for it to even work," Sawyer questioned.

"They usually do, but it appears this one doesn't. It says that for the spell to work properly, we'd need native soil of her birthplace, which should be relatively easy, and an omen that correlates to her life," Marie explained, obviously intrigued.

"Well I suppose we'd better start now before it's too late. I've just returned from an outing to the bayou. More and more wolves are going missing every second we sit here and do nothing," Klaus   states while leaning against the doorframe. 

"Are you willing to play nice, Klaus?" Remi asks and looks up at him.

"Perhaps. We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?" he replies with a devilish smirk and speeds towards the entrance of the abattoir and into the driver seat of the car.

Everyone else shook their heads and followed suit. 

"I call shotgun!" Sawyer said and ran to the passenger seat of the car as Remi groaned.

-•-•-

I'm back once again, my lovely readers!

It's been a while since I wrote a cute little fluffy scene so I tried to incorporate a little bit of that into this tiny chapter :P I can't believe I've already written 16 chapters of this! This book is literally my baby so maybe down the line I'll go back and edit a few chapters that aren't up to par with my recent ones. Also, I haven't been getting as many votes or comments as I used to :( If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know! I always love hearing how you guys think the book should continue or what I should add! Let me know in the comment section plz :)

Thanks for reading!

Charley