The Chocolate Room

Some days before the factory reopening, I somehow got control of Katie. The two of us shared the same love for candy so in the end we were willing to share each others bodies. Her hunger proved to be manageable too, as long as I changed into her when it wasn't nighttime, she wasn't hungry, only curious, and a little twisted in the mind, but that was easy to control too. More or less.

Anyway, the day I changed into her to test my hold on her was the same day the factory was reopened. Knowing better then to show my other half to the sun I waited in the chocolate room for the five lucky ticket kids. I was getting ready to hide for good when I noticed the 5th ticket winner. He looks so familiar. I thought before walking over to investigate.

Charlie P.O.V.

"Because then I wouldn't be a winner. I'd be a loser like you." I couldn't help feeling slightly hurt at her reply as she walked away, wondering if all blond girls were like her.

"Who're you?" I whirl around and spot an interesting girl. Her hair's a shoulder length bunch of curls, the exact shade of milk chocolate. Her skin's the shade of pink cotton candy, and her blue eyes are unbelievably large and same shade of blue cotton candy. Her lips are lime green and she's wearing a blueberry blue dress and a pair of golden wrapper low heels. Despite this, I politely reply.

"Charlie miss, Charlie Bucket." "Charlie..." She tapped her chin with a black fingernail. Realization washed over her face as she smiled, revealing fangs that looked like red licorice. I took a half step back, her smile's unnaturally huge, like the Cheshire cat.

"Ah yes, you're the one who got here purely by luck." "Is that a problem?" Her eyes darted back to my face, as if she just noticed me. "No, no or course not." I was almost too eager to switch subjects. "What's your name?" "In this stage it's Katie, in the other it's Belle." "Other stage?" She looked around before taking a deep breath and closing her eyes.

Her colorful interior melted away to a much more normal look; elbow length Earth brown hair, and a completion that was once a perfect tan but had faded to a perfect pale. When she opened her eyes, they had changed to a pair of calm, tiny light blue ones. "Sorry about that. I was testing to see if I could control her." Her voice is different too, now it's calm, quiet and controlled.

"Are you, Belle?" She nods. "Why is it I've never seen you before?" "I don't get out much. It's kind of hard not to when your friend doesn't go out either?" "You're friends with Willy Wonka?" She nods. "Yep. Been here a few years now." "How old are you?" She pauses, as if unsure whether to reply.

"Don't you know?" Her eyes snap back up. "I...I'm not sure. I'm sixteen, last time I checked but..." She trails off. "But what?" She shakes her head. "Nothing. It's nothing." "If Mr. Wonka's your friend, your family must live here." Her face instantly darkens as she quickly looks away. The silence becomes unbearable.

"Don't you...have a family?" Her pauses before ever so slowly shaking her head. "Oh. I'm sorry." She heaves a sad sigh. "It's not your fault, you didn't know." I hesitate before walking forward and holding her hand. Her eyes glance at my hand before looking into mine, I smile warmly.

"You can come along with me if you want. On the tour and all." She smiles. "I'd like that very much."