Katie's Speaking

When the dark pink seahorse boat pulled up, I found myself drawn to sit beside Charlie. As I did, I realized the elderly man sitting beside him looked slightly familiar. As the boat started picking up speed, Katie started to whisper in the back of my mind.

'Ms gum chewer's so conceited, not nearly as Ms daddy's girl. And the tv kid? Bleach, any candy we'd turn him into would taste awful.' I'm all to happy to bring up Charlie. What about Charlie? He seems nice. I knew without seeing her face she was smiling.

'Charlie's an absolute doll, we outta kill his competition. It's pretty obvious he's gonna win.' No killing, I thought we discussed this. 'Correction, you decided it, you never discuss anything with me. It's always; "oh look at me, I'm the perfect teenager who doesn't know how to have fun." I mean seriously, I still wonder how you got the nerve to lose your v-card to that prince back in India.' My cheeks flushed upon remembering Prince Pondicherry. It's not like I had a choice, you're not supposed to say no to a prince. 'That's bull s-h-i-t and you know it.' Yeah, so what? 'So, maybe you should try going to home base with someone more...gentle on the eyes.' I glance over at Willy whose sitting on the other side of Charlie.

'You've been living under Willy's roof for the longest time, and I bet he's probably a virgin too. Wouldn't it to nice to take that away from him and cherish it forever?' A smile tugged at my lips. As much as I agree that would be lovely, today probably isn't the day for something like that. I heard her give off an annoyed sigh. 'Fine. But what about mr fat boy from Germany? Please tell me we'll get a chance to eat him later.' Maybe, if you stop jumping out every time you hear a song. 'You know me Belle, I adore music.' Yeah, a bit too much if you ask me. I hear her laugh. 'Aw, don't be like that, your life was so boring before I came along. Face it, with me around you'll never be alone and never lack in self confidence. Everyone in the whole world is at our mercy.' The last time we ate an adult it tasted like dirt. 'Okay mostly everyone. Besides, we're immortal remember? We'll always have each other, always.' I sigh inwardly.

Why do I feel like I should hate that little fact rather then enjoy it? She laughs again, the sounds rattles my skull. 'Because you're hardly ever not hungry for candy kids.' She laughs again and I roll my eyes, annoyed as always with the fact that she's hardly ever silent.