Veruca, the bad nut

One of the best things about being inhuman is the unique connection you receive when it comes to animals. Since Katie came around, if I wasn't off hunting in the moonlight I was usually in the nut room. Which to my own surprise is where Willy turned the tour to next.

As we stood at the railing overlooking the room, I let the click-clack of squirrels hard at work soothe the both of us. 'You still owe me ten bucks for Violet.' How the hell do I owe you ten bucks, we're the same person. If I get any money it's technically ours. She groaned loudly. 'So much for that. Who do you think is gonna go next?' Before I could reply, Veruca spoke up.

"Daddy, get me one of those squirrels, I want one." It was such a simple statement but so damn conceited I cringed. Upon looking down to my hands, I noticed my claws had extended and visibly bended the bars. 'Let me at her, I'll tear here to pieces!' Katie screamed, her voice giddy with hunger.

I don't know how I held her back, I'd be happy to shut Ms Minx Coat up. Her degrading voice scraped deeper and deeper into my conscious, without really realizing it, I let my claws extend further and my eyes to a murderous pitch black. Until Willy impersonated Mr. Salt and I giggled under my breath, though my eyes were still a pinch black.

"If you won't get me a squirrel, I'll get one myself." That caught my attention, sure enough she slipped through the space between the metal bars and walked confidently down the stairs into the center of the room, Willy weakly tried to stop her but to no avail. Slowly the mammals began notice and fall deathly silent, gazing at her with their large black eyes. But they weren't just looking at her, they were looking at me. My eyes became entirely black and my lips pulled back to reveal my licorice grin.

"I'll have you." Said Veruca, reaching for one particular squirrel. And in that exact instant I opened my mouth and hissed under my breath. "Time to play." And they heard me.

With a chorus of squeaks they leaped out and onto her, she tried to push them off but to no avail, I grinned easily, laughing under my breath as they pulled her down. Bit by bit, they held her down as one of them crept up to her forehead and wrapped his knuckles against her forehead. I knew the result way before he raised his furry little head again; she was a bad nut.

So they hurled her down the trash hole, as soon as they did I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders and my obvious monster features faded away. Until the Oompah-Loompas began to sing, Katie sighed before flying forth in a silver dress and flapping a pair of rainbow transparent butterfly wings.

(Veruca Salt Song)

When it finished, I giggled under my breath as Mr. Salt tumbled down the garbage chute. Gracefully, I flew back to Willy and hovered a few feet above the ground, draping my arms around his neck. I leaned forward with every last intention to kiss him only to jump back as Katie made a quick retreat.

"I did it again didn't I?" Willy smiled in a nervously casual way. "Indeed and you got so dearly close." We started walking again, out the room and towards the elevator, in which I couldn't help wondering what he meant by that.

'What's really strange is the way he looked at you, like he wanted you to continue.' Yeah, it did seem like that didn't it? 'It did and you know it.' And for once, I couldn't disagree with my sweet tooth other half.