Loose Ends

So Charlie won the Golden Ticket hunt, he would become the one to inherit Willy's factory (though he didn't know it yet) and take care of the Oompa-Loompas and me. It was all the most wonderful thing in the world, I could see how happy he and his Grandpa Joe were.

'But we have some ties of our own to cut off don't we?' I grinned slowly alongside Katie, knowing my eyes were gleaming wickedly with an evil I knew better then to hide. Indeed Katie. "Aren't you coming Belle?" I snapped out of my trance and looked to Charlie as he gestured to the glass Wonkavator. I shook my head with an innocent smile.

"You guys go on ahead, I'll catch up with you later." And just before I glided off down the hall and behind a corner, I saw Willy smiled at me, knowing exactly what I had in mind. As soon as I was open of everyone's line of vision, I let Katie leap forth as we approached the fudge room...

~

A month or so later, things were not looking any brighter then they had before the ticket search; apparently Charlie had turned down Willy's offer to be his apprentice and leave his family which brought us both back to square one. I took the defeat relatively easy, Katie not so much.

"Belle, have you read the paper recently?" I looked to Willy as I walked into the kitchen while sipping my tea. "No why?" He lowered it with a face as blank as a block of marble before tossing it to me as I sat at my spot across from his. When I noticed the headlines, my blood turned to ice.

CHILD THIEF ISSUE GROWING! For the past few years there has been the issue of missing children and a select few adults disappearing in the night but lately it's grown worse. Curfew is soon to become an official law of the streets in order to protect everyone from losing another- I stopped reading after that, if I had gone any further I might've vomited all over the table.

"Katie's always been a little feisty but this is a high peak even for her." I looked up at Willy with a face drained of all color. "I-I didn't know she was doing this, I-I..." He stood and leaned over the table, stopping my protests.

"I know. Which is why from now on every night you'll be locked in a cage and kept in my room." The last part made me freeze. "Kept overnight, in your room? Are you...sure you want to do that?" His face was dead serious. "We have no other choice."

'Spending the night with our handsome chocolate maker? I should've gone rogue years ago.' I was too stunned to reply.