🌹 Part 16 - Before She Goes 🌹

Myung was heading to work. She has been working as a lawyer for the Pak Company for a few days now after being accepted by Mr. Pak during an interview. It's been going good for her. As she walked in the building, she was already immediately greeted by Jae. "Hey babe!" he planted a kiss on her lips. Myung smiled. "Hey! Oh, here's the documents your father gave me." she handed him a large folder packed with papers. "Thank you. I'm assuming I'll pick you up for lunch?" Jae stuck his tongue out playfully. Myung blushed. I love it when he does that. "Of course. I'll see you later!" After one more kiss, Myung proceeded to her office upstairs.

While she was walking, someone bumped into her. "Ah! Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you th-" Myung stopped. It was Nari. This girl again? Ugh. "Well, well, if it isn't the ex-waitress. What are you doing here? Looking for another table to clean? It's fine, we have a janitor." Nari smirked. Myung crossed her arms. "Actually, I work here. You don't know that? Then again, a conceited person like yourself probably wouldn't notice." Ha! Nice comeback, Myung! She smiled at herself. "Work here? Oh please. The only thing you could do is pass out cups of water." Nari snorted. Before Myung could say anything back, Mr. Pak walked by. "Oh, Ms. Cheong! I'm hoping you gave Jae the documents I gave you?" he asked. Myung smiled mockingly at Nari. "Yes. I saw him just a few minutes ago actually, Mr. Pak." Nari kept looking at Mr. Pak, in awe. "FATHER!! She ACTUALLY works here?!" she yelped. Mr. Pak sighed. "Yes, darling. Don't you remember we needed another lawyer? You never pay attention. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting to attend." Mr. Pak bed farewell to the both of them and left. Nari's face was now closer to Myung's face. "Don't get too comfortable. You won't be here for long." After that, she walked away, her heels clicking against the tile floor.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Later at lunch, Jae and Myung were at the food court eating their lunches. It was all fun and laughter, until Nari walked over to their table. "This is why Father didn't want to fire you. It's because of YOU!!" she pointed at Jae. "I can't believe you're dating....HER!!!" she then pointed at Myung.

"Wait, what do you mean Father didn't want to fire her??" Jae asked. Nari shut her mouth, realizing what she said. "You were trying to fire her, weren't you?! You went to plead to Father so that he can fire her!" Jae stood up and looked at Nari, furiously. Then, they started arguing. Name-calling and insults were thrown at each other. Myung couldn't bear it. Before she could break up the fight, lunchtime was over. Nari left, still agitated. "I'll deal with her, Myung." he placed a quick kiss on her cheek and left. Myung sighed and started walking back to her office.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Later that evening, Myung rode her bicycle back to her apartment. She arrived home to see that Joon was standing in front of the lobby door. "Joon?!" Myung's eyes grew large and she gasped. He looked up. Frowning and sorrow in his eyes. "Myung....I missed you so much. To hear that you're with someone else hurts me." he said. Myung didn't know what to do. She stood there and stared blankly at him. He was wearing a red flannel and some ripped jeans. "Ever since you left me, my whole life came crashing down. Nothing was ever the same." he kept going on. He slowly walked up to her, and hugged her tightly. "Myung...."

"HEY!!" a booming voice shouted. Joon let go of Myung and looked up. It was Jae. "What do you think you're doing??" he pulled Myung to his side. "Hey, wait a minute, you're Joon from F4EVER! Why are you hugging her, huh?" Jae's voice became louder. Myung tugged on his shirt. "Jae, stop. He's my ex. He was just about to leave...." she whispered.

"I still love her! And deep down, I know there's some part of her that still loves me!" Joon yelled.

"She doesn't love you anymore! She's with me and she's happy!! MOVE ON!" Jae shouted back.