🌟 Part 17 - Save Me 🌟

The curtains were closed. The room was dark, but a lamp was turned on. It was quiet. All that could be heard was the heart monitor. BEEP!...BEEP!...BEEP! Myung breathed slowly, as the nasal cannula provided her with oxygen. Her eyes were closed, as if she were in a deep sleep, and not a sound escaped her mouth. She made no movement. The sound of the heart monitor echoed throughout the hallway.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"YOU HAVE TO LET ME IN!!" Jae shouted at the nurse. "I'm sorry. I was strictly instructed by the doctor that only family can visit her. The patient is in critical condition and she needs to rest." The nurse kept explaining to him, but he just shouted louder. "I'M HER BOYFRIEND!! Her family....! Her parents....they're not...." Jae slowly stopped talking. "Please, sir, I'm sorry. You just can't see her. Not yet. Now if you could please sit down and not bother the other patients and customers?" the nurse finally said. Jae nodded and sat down in the waiting room. The nurse left, and Nari came in after her.

"You have the nerve to come here." Jae clenched his fist. All Nari did was cross her arms. "If it makes you happy, they're taking me in for questioning in an hour." She kept standing there. "Do you feel no sympathy at all? YOU PUSHED HER OFF ONTO THE STREET AND NOW SHE'S IN A COMA!!!!" Jae shouted at her, but not loud enough for any of the nurses to hear. "Well, now I know who won't visit me if I go to jail." Nari scrunched her nose, and walked away.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

An hour passed, Jae decided to find out how it all started. He found the nurse that was currently treating Myung. "Please, tell me about her injuries. I need to know if she'll be okay." The nurse sighed.

"It was actually quite strange. We had received a call that a vehicle ran over a pedestrian. When she was brought in, it looked as if she escaped with minor injuries. But during the surgery, it was discovered that more serious injuries happened INSIDE her body. The surgery was an estimate of six to eight hours, and right now, she is in stable condition. We're keeping a close eye on her."

Jae nodded. "So, what were her injuries?" he then asked. The nurse looked at her clipboard. "Internal bleeding, seven rib fractures, a broken arm and leg, a fracture in her hip and jaw, and various bruises all over her body. It will definitely take some time to heal." Jae sighed. "Anything else I can help you with?" she asked. "No, thank you though." The nurse nodded, and walked away.

Jae looked at his phone, then he called his assistant. "Could you get me Kim Joon-hyung's phone number? ....Yes, the one from F4EVER...No? Then get his manager's phone number. Someone that knows him! ....Okay, thank you." He hung up. Myung, please be okay.

THE END

- TO BE CONTINUED -