💞 Part 20 - Conflicted 💞

"What about Myung?" Joon asked. The manager stood up and sighed. "We'll talk after the performance." He nodded, and left the room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Okay, please come this way." The nurse led Myung's parents to the room she was resting in. After explaining all the details, the nurse left them alone with Myung. "Oh, my poor daughter..." Myung's mother weeped at the sight of Myung's body on the bed. "Honey..." Myung's father comforted her. They both sat next to Myung's bed, and waited.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

After the performance, Joon headed back to his manager's office. "What did you need to talk about? About Myung?" Joon asked hastily. His manager sat in his chair, preparing to talk for a long time.

"Joon, I know you're not going to like me after this but," he paused. "I don't want you to see Myung anymore."

Joon stood there in awe. He didn't say anything.

"You're not the only person whom I will be telling this about. I will tell the other members this, but she meant more to you." the manager said. Joon still didn't say anything. "Joon, look, I know this may be hard for you, even if you weren't with her, but I don't want you to see her anymore. Your schedule is packed nonstop and she is just distracting you from work." he finally said. Then, Joon snapped out of his silence. "WHY?! My contract expired two years ago, I can be with whoever I want!!" The manager sighed again.

"Joon, this is just what's best for you, the members, and the company. I just want you to focus on your work without getting stressed about other extra things. Joon, you must think about yourself, please." Joon looked down at the floor. "Joon, this is the final decision and whether you like it or not, it must be done. Since Myung is in the condition she is in, you must say your goodbyes when she wakes up. That is all. You can leave." Joon didn't respond. He turned around, and left.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

At the hospital, Myung's father, Mr. Cheong, looked for Myung's doctor. "Excuse me! I have a few questions about my daughter." The doctor came into the room. "What do you need to know, sir?" the doctor asked. "How long will my daughter be in the coma? When will she wake up?" he asked, worried. The doctor checked his clipboard. "Well, considering her injuries, and depending on how fast she heals, I would say about two to three months, give or take." Mr. Cheong nodded. "Thank you, sir." The doctor bowed and walked out of the room."

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

That night, Joon sat on the couch in the dorm. Jung-hoon and Jin-hyuk sat down with him. "The manager told us about what happened. I'm sorry, Joon." Jin-hyuk patted Joon on his shoulder. "It still sucks, but at least we're still able to see her....even though she's in a coma." Jung-hoon said quietly. Joon dropped his head in his hands. "Thanks guys, I just need some time alone." He stood up, and went into his room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Myung....I'm not ready to say goodbye to you. From now on until you wake up, I will visit you every day in the hospital. I'm dreading the day when you wake up, but I also can't wait. I don't know what this feeling is. I don't know what to do anymore. Myung.....please....I wish you were here to help me.....

Joon closed his eyes, and fell asleep.

THE END

- TO BE CONTINUED -