04. What Is Concept

HARRY STYLES

"I need us to discuss privately, so excuse us Mr. Tomlinson". Richie said and exchange glance briefly with Louise.

"Stay Lou, you dont want to miss this". I insisted.

Louise chuckle and flop on the couch. He brings with him a large bag of chips.

"You do realise what we are going to dicuss is strictly confidential". Richie still wanted Loise to leave but Louise already getting comfortable.

"Oiyy, who do you think I am. I am officially Harry's better half. You cant kick me out without Harry's approval, public wouldnt like to hear that." Louise objected, and I make eye contact with Richie to stop making anymore fuss.

"Well if you insist we will proceed now, with presence of Mr. Tomlinson which I believe will not leaked any of information". Richie glared.

"Come on man, just carry on. I hate spending my morning talking to you". I am getting impatient.

"Ouchhh". Louise pretend to be sympathetic, which did not received well at all by Richie.

Richie set up his laptop and after a while of navigating he showed his screen to me. There is a bluprint of my upcoming album with lots of captions which I did not bother to read at all.

"So the team agreed that we need to switch up a little bit for your upcoming comeback. We are going for retro concept and funky bops"

I blow raspberry, but still let Richie continue.

"We will show your maturity through lyrics. We want to have a fun concept but at the same time very emotional which include belting off high notes". Richie explained calmly.

"So you mean sentimental retro."I asked.

"Well, you can see it that way. But we trying to make it more fun and..." I cut short his answer.

"Newsflash, it was the same shit I had last time. And FYI because it was so good, thats why I am very excited to work with Johnny again but you ruined it." I am getting worked up which startled Richie.

"I believe a more happy and funky song will do better for your image. Not the kind of song that Johnny make. His song has a bit of dark and angry vibes and your lyric did very little to elevate happy elements". Richie sounds shaky as he know I am about to blow up.

"You cant just decide whatever and expect me to be happy. And Newsflash number two, I am already happy, right Lou?" Louise nod while munching the chips. I grab the snack and shove a handful into my mouth, ignoring my annoying manager.

"Yeah right, I dont get it too. You mean you have new concept which is similar to the last one and this not so new concept suppose to make him look more happy than usual". Louise frown, genuinely puzzled.

"Yeah, what kind funk you exactly want from me Rich. Its not like I wanna be a Bruno Mars" I refute and Richie became more restless with me.

"Why not man, same hair same song". Louise laugh all he might. I throw handful of chips to his face. He brush them off and suddenly singing uptown funk. I sing along loudly, but an annoyed Richie butt in.

"Well we planned something extra for the music video.Hopefully it will create sensation and gaining more fans" I stopped singing and stared at Richie silently asking him to elaborate.

"Well K-pop is quite a sensational nowadays. We will feature an idol in your music video" Richie ideas stuck me into silent. I just dont know how to receive that idea.

"What do you mean an idol?" Louise asked.

"Thats mean korean artis who sing and dance. They are suppose to make a korean wave with their performance hence the word idol is used". I shake my head, cant even imagine how this album gonna be like.

"And you will dance too, a little bit". Richie added making me extremely angry.

"Get out Richie, now!"

JUNG YEIN

I take my seat in front of my CEO, Jung Yeop. He stares at me. He is a man of few word and many awakward jokes. But somehow he has this fatherly aura that makes you fragile. His long stare makes me feel emotional, and a drop of tear suddenly form.

"You never cry, not even when you fractured your ankle" I chuckle at that.

"It just a drop". Jung Yeop sigh to my reply.

"Get out of this building. Two week pass, you need to go somewhere. People have been tweeting about other member whereabouts and they are questioning yours. These people will keep digging and eventually find out what happened". I feel guilty, fans probably started speculating already.

"Just give me another day to be sad and upset. I promise I will do something and you will see fans tweeting about the good time I am having". I insist, hoping he will understand.

"Yein ah, you did a mess and nothing wrong with that. You did not mean it but you have to live with it. You are an idol and you cannot stop living as one. People saw you as the freespirit, funny and active girl. You need to carry that concept as long as you promoting with your group". His long word make me feel even more guilty

"Thats not just a concept, thats a real me. I am funny and active but I just want to be sad for a while". Practically I am begging but he did not convinced.

"People do not need a sad you, at any time. People are drawn to you because of the image that you bring. Of course most of it came from your music but nowadays, music alone cannot sustain a fandom. They keep on cheering you because they love the whole concept that you have, they obsessed with it."

"I know". I agree with that, completely.

"I am trying to make your career last for the longest I can. Stupid rumours almost kill your group last time and honestly you know I do not have that much power in this bussiness to save all of you if something happens."

I stare at the floor. Reminiscing the time where rumours become viral and we almost lost most of the fandom. Jung yeop did try to save us but he was oppresed by a bigger person who conquer the industry. And he had worse time than any of us. I tried to say something but as if he knew my mind like a father who knew his daughter he assured me.

"If you really feel sorry for me, please just enjoy yourself. Use my card, there is no limit for you, and thats our secret till death"

He hands me his card and I took it with a smile plastered on my face.