17. Who R U Kidding

JUNG YEIN

"Aisyyyy, WHERE IS IT? Did I leave it at the site"

"What are you looking for unnie" Whe are in minivan on the way to INFINITE showcase and we just pick up Jiae and Jisoo from filming.

"HANDPHONE!HANDPHONE!HANDPHONE, my handphone is missing" Jiae is still miserable, clearing out her handbag but found nothing which upsets her more.

"Aissshhhhhhhh, where is it" We try to help her but everyone getting more annoyed after few minutes.

"Everyone, stop it. It is with me" Jisoo revealed the phone and laughing while explaining that Jiae passed it to her in the toilet. Jiae snatch it, punch Jisoo once before the latter screamed.

"25 misscaled from myungsoo, I am so gonna have a divorce"

Everyone wish Jiae goodluck for her divorce. She has been dating myungsoo since trainee and everyone already get used to their antics. Jiae glared to each of us especially Jisoo who keep mocking her. Right on time a video call from myungsoo came and Jiae accept it in a flash.

"Yahhhhh, what are you thinking ignoring me. Do you think I have time to play with you" Myungsoo screamed on top of his lung, we all just laughing anticipating the upcoming banter.

"Do you think I want to play with you. I lost my phone just now"

"What with my luck? My wife has alzheimer even before we are married."Jiae roll her eyes and show her fist to the screen.

"Who said I am gonna marry you. No one wants you." We can hear Myungsoo laugh and Jiae is sulking right now.

"Dont worry sunbae, we can have you" Mijoo consoled myungsoo to mess with Jiae.

"Do you really want him them, you talk to him" Jiae getting more sulkier and throw her phone to Mijoo. Mijoo took the phone and sweet talk to Myungsoo for a while and stop it just right before Jiae explode. She changed topic to the showcase and asking if everything went well.

Jiae and Myungsoo has been dating for a long time and act like a married old couple. We never passed an opportunity to teased them.

"Myungsoo fighting, INFINITE fighting." Everyone cheered Myungsoo for the upcoming showcase and Jiae phone was passed around for everyone to say something including to me.

"Wow Yein,it been long time since I saw you and you look like a forigner now" I laugh at his remark and just nodded when he ask if I am okay now.

"Our maknae doing so well and you must missed London so much now? Lets meet up sometime and I'll buy you hotdog and burger"  I thank him for his kindness and about the same time Jiae yelling how Myungsoo supposed to treat her too. I quickly passed the phone back to Jiae.

"Kyaaahh, you now I will buy you anyting right?" Myungsoo really have a way with his words and Jiae immediately turnoff the loudspeaker while blushing so hot. She now started speaking sweetly to her boyfriend. All the member just smile but did not say anything. That couple is always like that, quarel like a thug but also so deeply in Love

.............................................................................

Its end of the showcase and I can hear Jiae let out a relief breath that everything went well. This is INFINITE first album after leader Sunggyu enlisted.

Myungsoo was so stressed and it bother Jiae a lot. Since Sunggyu gone, Myungsoo had to take lots of high notes line which he rarely did. Jiae was so supportive and even help him practicing most of the time.

"INSPIRIT, you know how much I love you right???" everyone screamed yes to Myungsoo question.

"You are so important to me so I will share you something important. You are the first to know, even my loved one doesnt know this yet" Myungsoo look up to our section, obviously directing the statement to Jiae.

Everything went weird after that. Even INFINITE member are so confused and his expression is very serious.

"Everyone, I will enlist military next month. Please wish me well"

I see wide eyes everywhere. INFINITE members are shocked. Everyone are shocked. And Jiae just frozen with no expression. Her fist clenched so hard that her knuckles went white, Everyone wanted to console her but we dont know what to say

...................................................................................

The ride back to our doom was gloomy. Jiae was miserable and she locked herself in her room since we reached home.

I feel bad for her. Apart for me blamed myself. Jiae and Myungsoo story is not a secret to tabloid and they were threatened twice by reporters. But both time, our company settled it with some sort of deal.

I know its not my doing that they are dating but still there is bad feeling in my heart. I knocked Jiae room and she asked me to enter.

Her room is a mess. Books and toys everywhere. Decks of card on the floor, why the hell did she need lots of toys??

"Are you okay" Jiae is laying on bed and faked a smile. I sit at the edge of bed for a while without saying anything.

"You want to ask something?"I startled by her action. Jiae rose and sit on the bed against the wall. I shorten our distance and sit next to her.

"Do you think its because of me?" I look at her.

"Maybe, we were asked to stop dating for a while when your scandal blew out"  I feel bad. I cant believe I ruin a perfect relationship. Jiae and Myungsoo went through a lot together and I was so mean by adding up more problem to them.

"Why you did not accept the offer. We all are dying to ask you but knowing your short tempered...."

"You know why, you all know why" Jiae shooke her head

"No we dont. You had a good offer and you dont want to accept it. How on earth are we suppose to understand"

"I cant be selfish, more scandal might came and I cannot afford to see you guys dragged down by my problem." Jiae cup my face and pinch my cheeks.

"Why are you worried too much. Scandal come and go, you should not worry too much about other member. Take care of yourself first."

"How could you say that when I just ruined your relationship"

"Well, about that" Jiae look around while gathering her thought.

"I am sad, but I am glad he enlist" Whaaat..

"I asked him to enlist with Sunggyu but he hesitated so I guess thank to you he finally make decision to enlist." I did not expect that answer and Jiae laugh seeing my expression.

"That old guy need to enlist anyway. I rather had his enlist now than when he older. He might not gonna take it well if he is older.

But still, I am upset he did not talk to me first. That stupid guy, he will get a full blown lecture from me. How could he did not inform me first. Can you imagine, I almost cry today"

I still could not digest the fact that she is actually happy, is she acting or what?

"You are lying. You are a mess, your room a mess. You can be celebrating right now" I took some of the cards and showed her, Jiae smile sheepishly and hesitated to speak.

"that thing urmmmm, urmm. I am actually practicing"

Practicing?" She nodded awkwardly and a bit embarassed.

"Well I dont know what happen but someone nominated me to be the cast for new season of The Genius. I went to the interview, had a mini game, nailed it and therefore I am going to be casted."

Disbelief and shocked are so underrated. I never knew Jiae is that smart.

"And the first filming is in 5 days. I spent to much time helping my useless boyfriend and ended up not practicing. I am so worried i might make myself a fool"

I am about to question her whether she really has what it take to participate in The Genius but I cannot do so since Jiae started crying and mumbling how scared she is.

I laugh at her and spend the whole night comforting and helping her to practice. Tomorrow I am going to leave Korea again.

But, can Jiae did well then, I am so worried~~~