Together Atlast: Chapter 4

Kyles POV

I wake up to something warm entangled with my body. Realizing it was Kenzie I smile but instantly remember the scene from last night. One specific thing stuck out in particular. I jump up from the bed and rush into the bathroom.

My body was still unclothed as I remember what happened yesterday. C'mon Kyle, how could you have been so stupid! She's eighteen for fuck sake and yet I let her make that decision last night. As much as I would love to be the father of her children she is way way to young.

I rub my temples before turning the water on in the shower. Testing it with my hand before stepping in. I use a face towel to wash my body with soap. Desperately trying to abstract the situation from my mind.

I don't know how long I was in there but a knock on the door removes me from my thoughts. Immediately knowing it was Kenzie, I rinse off before turning the nob and exiting the bathroom in only my underwear.

"Morning Kyle"

"Hey"

I practically force my mouth to say. It's hard to convince myself that it's not my fault. I'm the adult here but my dumb ass listened to her. All this could've been avoided if I would've just used my brain. Hell it could've been avoided it if I wouldn't have let it gone that far.

"Kyle?"

"Hmm?"

She looks to the ground and starts fiddling with her fingers. Indicating what ever needed to be said was important.

"Do-do you regret last night?"

She finally voices out. My eyes widen at the assumption that was just made. I didn't have time to answer because I heard her start talking again.

"You seem to be acting distant I guess. Was, was I-"

She stops mid sentence as her face becoming beet red.

"Bad?"

It took all I had in me not to laugh as how nervous she was.

"Babe, no"

I bring her into a tight hug. How could she even begin to think that.

"I was just worried about, something"

"What?"

I pull back and release her from my grasp.

"What do you mean what?"

"I mean what are you worried about?"

I give a frustrated sigh. How is she for real right now?

"Are you really that careless Kenz? You're acting like you're not the least of bit worried about you getting pregnant"

"First of all, Mr.Grayson. I'm on the pills"

A wave of relief washes over me as my heart rate goes back to normal.

"Thank god"

She throws a glare my way and it pierces right through me.

"Do you really think I'm that dumb?!"

"C'mon kenz you-"

She cuts me off and starts talking once again.

"You treat me as if I'm some little kid!! Just because you're older doesn't mean I'm just some irresponsible infant!"

"Mckenzie! You know I didn't mean it like that"

I try and keep my voice from raising. Practically whispering the last part.