Together Atlast: Chapter 14

McKenzie's POV

We immediately rushed out my apartment, locking the door behind us and getting into Kyles car. It was probably impossible for me to drive. I'd probably get a ticket for running red lights and almost crashing into cars for wanting to get to the hospital so fast.

I pull my phone out my pocket, clicking on Jakes contact to text him and let him know to get to the hospital as soon as he was available.

"C'mon Kyle hurry"

"I'm going as fast as I can! Unless you want us to get a ticket and be even more delayed"

I shut my mouth at that statement and just tapped my foot anxiously on the floor of the car with my arms crossed. He's right McKenzie, just calm down. She's still gonna be there when we get there. Yeah, she's not going anywhere.

~

We finally reach the hospital and rush out the car, shutting the doors behind us before walking into the building. Quickly walking up to the front desk and giving the nurse at the desk my moms name.

"Madison Taylor Johnson"

"Room 3A34"

I guide myself through the hospital with the directions the lady had gave me with Kyle following closely behind. I take a deep breath after reaching the door of the room before walking in. And there she was, my mom I missed so dearly, telling the nurse what channel she wanted her to stop on.

"Mom"

She looked my way and that's when the the tears start falling. I've felt the happiest I've been in quite a while. Someone gently pushes my back, slowly guiding me to get bed. It's like my feet wouldn't and couldn't budge. Like this was a dream that someone was soon gonna wake me up from.

But the next words that came out her mouth made me feel that my good dream was nothing but a nightmare.

"Hi I'm uhhh Madison Johnson and I'm 37, is what I think the nice nurse told me. You're very pretty, who are you?"

A lump in my throat formed at her words as the nurse backed me up from the bed a little.

"She's lost a big chunk of her memory, it's not too severe so it should be back within a week or so. But for now just try and fill her in. The last thing she remembers was her a last year of college. I know this is probably hard on you right now but just hang in there for a while, she'll be back to normal in no time. Now I'm gonna go get the doctor to so he can explain things a little better. And Nathan I think is his name, should be here in about half an hour. Press that red button if anything happens"

She says, pointing to the button attached to the bed before waving and walking out the door, shutting it behind her. I walk back up to the bed, the doctors encouraging words swirling through my head. She's right, just hang in there for a little while. Atleast she's awake.

"Hi, who are you?"

"I'm your um......."

My mouth clamped shut as I try and pull myself together. Kyles strong arms wrap around my waist letting me know he was here.

"I'm your 19 year old daughter"

She looks at me confused at what I had said I'm guessing. Then her eyes light up.

"I've always wanted a daughter! And you're gorgeous. You look just like me! I bet- ow"

She holds the back of her neck in pain.

"Slow down a little......um mom, we don't want you getting hurt more then you already are ok?"

She rolls her head around a little trying to relieve the pain before nodding.