Chapter One

I stand in my room, looking a myself in my mirror. I see a scared and alone girl, new to a whole different place. There's boxes everywhere of things I haven't unpacked. I feel like I'm in a new planet. I'm scared for what's going to happen at school, I've never been good at making friends. I tried my best to look decent today, I left my long brown hair down because it's the most comfortable. I wore some jeans and a tank top. It's not the most formal but I've never really liked dresses.

 ( outfit^ )

( outfit^ )

I'm disturbed from my thoughts when my mom knocks on my door. "You look so beautiful Bella," my mom saids. She is standing in her pink nurse robes. I've always admired how hard she works.

I smiled at her, "Thanks mom."

She pulled me into a hug, I'm so lucky to have her around.

"Hey look, I've got to go to work. Mrs. McCall said Scott will be here in about 10 minutes. He'll make sure you get your schedule and know where your classes are. You two will walk to school. I figured it would be best for you to get to see some of the town and not be zooming down the street," She finally finished.

I laughed a little, "Thanks mom. I love you. Have a good day at work."

We pulled away from the hug.

"I love you too. Have a good day at school. I know you'll do great."

She pushed a strand of hair out of my face and smiled. She walked down the stairs and I heard the door close so I assumed she left. Obviously. I take one last look in the mirror and walk downstairs. I look through my backpack making sure I have plenty of pencils, pens, paper, and anything else I could possibly need. I also take my phone off the charger in the kitchen, when I heard a knock at the door.

I open and see who I assume is Scott.

"Um hi. I'm Scott," he says and holds out his hand

"Bella," I say and shake his hand.

"Ready?"

"Yeah," I put my backpack on my back. I walk out of my house and close the door behind. We walk a little bit in silence.

"So where'd you move from?" Scott asks me.

"Michigan. My mom and I needed a little change."

"So moving to a entirely different town that's almost across the country is your version of a little change?" He says looking at me with a little chuckle.

"Yeah, I guess." I say and laugh a little. "So I heard last year there was a bunch of murders here," I say like a sorta question

I see Scott moves a little bit likes he's uncomfortable, "Um yeah, there was. A little scary actually."

"I actually brought that up when I was trying to convince my mom that we shouldn't move here."

"I promise it'll be amazing here. I'll tell everyone I know to be nice to you."