Chapter Twenty-Four

The whole car ride there was silent. No one knew what to say or do. The only movement throughout the entire ride was when we got out of the car.

The three of us, Stiles, Mr. Stilinski, and I stand in front of the gate reading 'Eichen House'.

It wasn't long before we heard a motorcycle approaching and Scott approached us. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because we wanted to avoid something like this," Sheriff says

"It's only 72 hours," Stiles tells Scott.

I'm not okay with this one bit, but I can't stop Stiles.

"Bella?" Scott asks wanting my opinion.

I couldn't look him in the eye and I could tell he was staring me down. So, I just looked at the grounds.

"This is the same place where Barrow came from," Scott continues, "The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies. You don't know everything yet," He said to the Sheriff

"I know enough. Nogitsunes, kitsunes, oni, or whatever they're called," He replied to Scott.

"No, that's actually all surprisingly correct," Stiles told his father.

I'm the only one who hasn't said anything at all. Not agreeing nor opposing to anything.

"Scott, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me. I'm headed down to LA tomorrow to talk to a specialist."

"Then why are you putting him in here?" Scott asked

"He's not," Stiles tells him, "It was my decision."

"Stiles, I can't help you if you're in here."

"And I can't hurt you or you," Stiles said looking at me.

"Deaton's got some ideas. Argent's calling people. We're gonna find something and if we can't..."

"If you can't... If you can't then you have to do something for me okay? Make sure I never get out."

"Come on," The Sheriff says

Stiles and him walk through the gate and I follow, leaving Scott. I know this is the only chance I might get to talk to my boyfriend again.

We walk up the stone stairs and down a long hallway to the check in desk.

"Mr. Stilinski?" A nurse says, "This way please." She leads him to a desk to sign some papers. "First 73 hours there's no phone calls, no e-mails, no visitors. We will be taking you from here to a brief physical. In the morning you'll be assessed by a staff psychologist, speak to a social worker, and attend therapy."

I've been sitting next to Stiles this whole time. I still haven't said one word.

The nurse gives him a pair of shoes to wear and tells him to empty his pockets.

"You know what?" Mr. Stilinski stands up, "I'm not checking you in here if you're not going to get one goods night sleep."

"Dad," Stiles protests, "If haven't had a good night sleep in weeks," He hugs his dad.

The nurse tells Stiles and I where a room is where we can say goodbye. Once we get in the room he closes the door and looks at me, I don't look at him.

"Bella..."

"What Stiles? What do you want me to say? That I want you to be in here, because I don't."

"Hey," He says softly putting a hand on the side of my face, "This is the only way I know, that will make sure I don't hurt you. Again."

"Stiles, you know I don't blame you for that," I tell him as images of that night come flooding back into my mind.