Chapter Twenty-One

The next day I was sitting on my bed doing homework when my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Melissa.

"Hey, what's up?"

"It's Stiles. He's here at the hospital," she told me

"What why? Is he alright?"

"Yes, he's fine. I think you should come down here though."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm on my way," I said running out the door to the hospital. Melissa met me in the hall and showed me to Stiles's room.

I walked in with Melissa to see Stiles sitting on a bed.

"Hey," he said

"Hey," I took a seat across from him in the chair.

"Alright so why don't you tell me what's been going on, Stiles," Melissa told him

"Uh, blackouts but don't for that long, and sleepwalking, which I used to do a lot as a kid. Um, also having some really bad anxiety," He told her looking at me though

"Panic attacks?"

"Yeah, a couple."

"Oh, and I temporarily lost the ability to read but that might have something more to do with a giant magic tree and a whole human sacrifice thing."

"I recall something vaguely about that, yes. How many hours of sleep are you getting?"

"Eight," Stiles told Melissa. He's never told me any of this, I wish he'd talk to me when this happens. But I know he won't.

"A night?"

"In the last three days."

I looked over at him and he met my gaze and then looked down at his fingers and was counting.

"Do you know what this is?" I asked after a few more questions from Melissa

"I think so."

"What's that?" Stiles asked, asking about the needle in her hand

"Do you trust me?"

"When you're not holding a needle."

"It's midazolam," she said pulling up his sleeve, "A sedative."

"Why'd you give me a sedative?"

"Because you Stiles are one profoundly sleep-deprived young man. You need rest. You need it now. Lie down," she said pushing him backwards

"How long does it take for it to work.... Oh not long at all," He said now looking like he's going to pass out any minute now.

"Thank you," I whispered to Melissa

"Of course, I'll see you at home," She said and I gave her a nod. She left the room.

I pulled the blanket over Stiles.

"Bella?"

"Hmm?"

"Am I going to be okay?" He asks

"Yeah, you're going to be perfectly fine," I said softly

"Yay..." He groaned and with that he fell asleep.

I smiled at him and kissed his forehead. I left the room quietly so I didn't wake up Stiles, though that sedative should keep him out for a while. I walked out of the hospital and back home. It was getting darker out and I was supposed to be at Scott's house before the sun went down. Great. It's already almost pitch black. I have to hurry. I started running only to see two figures bust through the window. I ran inside only to be faced with a silver mask, and something covered in black.

It swung at me and I dodged it, almost cutting off my arms. I felt my eyes turn purple as I kicked it in the stomach. It tried to cut me with its sword again but I grabbed its arm and pushed it back.

Remembering what I did with Deaton I pulled my arms back and pushed them forward again with all the force I had, making the thing blow out of the front door.

Melissa ran in front of me and broke a jar of mountain ash.

I sighed as I walked away from the door.

"You okay?" Scott walked up to me asking.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Melissa called for Scott from the other room. And I walked over to the twins and Derek.

"Where the hell were you?" Aiden asked me, "You should've been here sooner."

"I was with Stiles."

"Oh so your little boyfriend comes before protecting Scott?"

"Aiden," Ethan warned him

"No of course not! Neither one of them comes first," I said, though I'm sure if I had too choose at one point it would be almost impossible. "I got here didn't I?"

"Yeah, just about when those things were about to kill Scott."

"Leave her alone," I heard Derek say as he walked back into the room, "She could tear you apart in seconds if she got mad enough."

"Oh, I'd like to see that," Ethan said with a chuckle

We got disrupted by a rumble caused by the things, hitting their swords against the mountain ash barrier.

"What are they doing?" Scott says walking down the stairs

"Testing for weaknesses."

Another two hit and I heard plates break from the kitchen.

They kept trying and trying.

"Guys, I think we might have a problem," I told them. Just then Scott's phone went off, I listened in on the call. Apparently they aren't going to hurt us.

"Don't do anything," Scott told us

"Is he serious?" Ethan asked looking at me. I shrugged.

"I said don't do anything."

Scott and Kira walked closer to the oni, which is apparently what they're called according to Allison, and they got picked up. The eyes glowing yellow on the oni. And with what felt like hours they were dropped to the floor. When the disappeared I immediately went to check on Scott.

"You're going to be okay," I told him.

***

Once everyone left I went straight to bed, I was exhausted but that night I had a dream.

I was walking down a hallway, it looked like the hospital.

When I was stopped by two oni.

I tried to run away when another one appeared in front of me.

It reached its hand up to my face but I grabbed it before it touched me.

I then reached by other hand into its chest and pulled out my hand.

A firefly 

A firefly was in my hand.

"Hey, Bella. Bella wake up," I heard someone yelling. Scott.

"Scott? Wh-what happened?"

"You were screaming," He said and I realized how much I was covered in sweat. "And there's something else?"

"What? What is it?"

"Stiles, he called me. He said he doesn't know where he is."

"What?" I said jumping out of bed.

"Come on. Isaac and I are going to try and find him."

-

(A/N)

Sorry this is so short! I've been very busy with school. I've had so many tests i've had to study for. But thank you so much for 2k!! I love you all so much❤️❤️