Chapter Twenty

After school Stiles invited me to come over to his place for a little bit. I worked on my homework but now I'm laying on his bed watching him do stuff on his board. He's connecting string to pictures which I've seen him do often.

"What do the different colored strings mean?" I ask laying my head in my hands

"Oh, just different stages of the investigation. So green is solved, yellow is to be determined, blues just pretty," He shrugged

"What does red mean?"

"Uh, unsolved."

"You only have red on the board," I pointed out

"Yes, I'm aware. Thank you."

I sighed and started playing with some string. "Did you get detention for pulling the alarm?"

"Yep. Everyday this week."

"Well, I can pull the fire alarm tomorrow and get detention with you so you want be alone if you want," I said jokingly

He chuckled at me which made me smile. "It's okay. We were on to something."

"Even though we couldn't find any proof of Barrow being there?" Stiles turned around and looked at me, "I could have done something more Stiles. I could have used whatever powers I have to try and find him. I'm being selfish."

"Hey, you're not selfish. You're anything but selfish, Bella," Stiles said leaning down so we're at level. "You did so much to help, even if it was just looking around the school. We all tried," He took my hands in his and looked into my eyes, "So don't blame yourself because you could've done more. You've done so much to help us already and not just today. Okay?"

I nodded and looked at him. He opened the marker in his hands and then looked at me. I looked at him confused waiting for him to answer my look.

"Come on. We're going to the school," He said jumping up.

***

He pulled into the school and lead me into the chemical supplies closet.

"Stiles, that was supposed to be locked," I said and as I looked around more I noticed how much it smelled like chemicals. "Wait, they wouldn't have been able to catch Barrows scent because of the smell."

"Yup," He said looking though the shelves using his flashlight. Then he looked at the ground showing me blood on the floor. "He was here, performing very minor surgery on himself. Lydia was right."

"If he was here then who was he trying to kill?" I asked him

"That's what we gotta figure out," We walked into a nearby classroom, "We could spread out, start lookin for anything," He said starting to look through drawers.

I looked at the board and saw stuff written on it. I walked over to it getting a closer looked.

"Bella what are those? Anything important?"

"Not really, just atomic numbers. 19's potassium. 53's iodine. 88's radium. The first two make potassium iodine," I grabbed a piece of chalk and wrote down the letter K for potassium.

"Potassium is K?" Stiles asked with a confused look

"From kalium, the scientific neo-latin name." Then I wrote down I for Iodine.

"Bella, what's radium."

I wrote down the letters Ra and realized this spelled our Kira.

( a/ n my mind is blown right now. my science class is learning about these elements right now so didn't even have to figure out what lydia said here😂)