Chapter 1

He held my hand and showed me the moon. He showed me his world and gave me the sky, but at the same time, he kept me on the ground.

He watched my face as he took my hand, pulling me onto the dance floor. I was scared, who wouldn't be?

His dark brown hair was shaggy, and his bangs flitted over his emerald green eyes. He gently pulled my arms and fastened them around his neck. And slyly pulled me closer to him, sliding his arms around my waist. He smiled, it was cute. I always did like his smile.

We swayed to the music. I was grateful I chose a short red dress and black boots. I would not be able to go the whole night in twenty inch heels and a super long dress I'd probably always trip over.

"Rose?" He said, looking into my eyes.

"Jacky," I said. His eyes crinkled as he chuckled.

"You've called me that since sixth grade," Jacky said, swinging me.

"What? Too old for nicknames Jackson?" I questioned.

"Maybe."

"Than you're too old for me," I said.

"You can't go breaking up with me, I haven't even asked you yet," Jackson said, tugging me closer. I stared into his eyes.

"Ask me what?" I asked.

"You want to know?" He played.

"Yeah."

"You really want to know?"

"Yeah."

"You really want to know?"

"Yeah!

Jackson opened his mouth, but them shook his head, "Nothing, never mind."

"No, say it."

"It's nothing."

"No, it's not nothing. Say it, chicken," I taunted.

"I'm not chicken."

"Than ask the question."

"Fine!"

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"You really want to do it?" I played.

"Yeah."

"You really want to do it?"

Jackson laughed, "Stop it. I'm being serious."

"I know, I'm sorry, it's just..."

"Just what?"

I bit my lip, "All I can think about is you in a chicken suit dancing to the chicken dance."

He laughed, "I'd be a damn fine chicken."

"Yeah, on a golden dinner plater," I chuckled.

Jackson smiled. He took my hand and placed a warm kiss on my knuckles. "Come on." He lead me towards the hallway.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see," he said.

I wonder what he's up to. "Okay..." I replied.

Jackson lead me down the shadowy hallways of our high school and out into the warm spring air. It was now June sixteenth, two days before our senior graduation.

The air has become warm and sticky. The flowers have bloomed, and the plants are large and green. I hold onto his hand, staring up at the dark blue sky. The moon is bright, like a lighthouse in the night. And the stars... they were the brightest I've ever seen, they didn't even look real.

This night, it's been simply amazing. Like a fairy tale. I, the princess, dancing in the starry sky, with her prince, guiding her to the moon. I smiled at my little fairytale. Jackson, my knight in shin-

My eyes widened. Jackson was staring into my eyes with a ring box in his hand. He opened the red box. Inside sat a silver ring. It had something printed on the surface. I smiled, it's our initials, oh, and a heart. That's so sweet!

"Roselyn," Jackson started. My eyebrows furrowed, he rarely ever calls me by my full name. "No, no. Don't look at me like that, I already feel stupid." I smiled. "Don't smile, I'm not proposing just yet."

I chuckled, "Just yet?"

"Yep, I've already planned it all out," he said proudly.

"And do I get to get in on this little plan of yours?"

"Not yet," he answers.

"Fine. Than do I get to at least know what the ring is for?" I asked.

"I was just getting to that," Jackson said.

"Sorry, continue good sir," I said playfully.

"Thank you. As I was saying, Roselyn we've been together for some time," he started. "But we've never really made it official." He smiled, and took a breath. "Rose, within these stars I pledge my love, and on this night I gift you this ring." He takes my right hand and slides the ring onto my ring finger. Jackson keeps a hold on my hands. "And under our skies, I want you to be mine." Like I said, he loves poetry.

"You always know what to say," I whisper. "Jackson O'Connor. Within my heart, our stars collide. And under our sky I will be yours, if you'll be mine forever more."

He smiled, and wrapped his arms around my waist. "All because of the poetry unit."

"Well poetry is very romantic," I answered.

"I can be romantic," Jackson said slyly. He leaned forward and placed his lips on mine.

Under the dark sky, we became one. Love circling the air like the wind. I thought we'd always be together.

I turned out to be wrong.